A little prayer

dog duck gun

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Very sorry for your loss. Always enjoyed your pics and stories. Been down that same road before and its a tough journey. Cherish the fine memories and hunts you two had together

Ratboy

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
So sorry @Dirk Van Schmaldlerson for you and your family!!! Just read this whole thread on my lunch break at work and am crying like a baby. I wish I would have had the opportunity to meet her as I just love dogs and they are all special... The good Lord needed another special one with him I guess...

ripline

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
It brings tears to my ears every time I read about somebody having to put a great dog down. I had two last year.
I gave my boys Can and Eider a cookie and a big hug.
So sorry for your loss!!

Kornfed

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Damn, didn’t read back to see she had already passed before my first post.
Sorry man…

Dirk Van Schmaldlerson

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Dirk- was she an older dog or did she have a medical problem?
She was only 9.5. Came home from work and she had lost control of her body. Picked her up and carried her to the vet at the end of my block. He was honest and said there was nothing he could do to diagnose her and said to run her down to the ER vet In Appleton. They figured neurological issue. Her brain couldn’t communicate with her body. They figured tumor or lesions on her brain. Was a tough way to lose her. Was hoping for a few more years.

metalworx

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
She was only 9.5. Came home from work and she had lost control of her body. Picked her up and carried her to the vet at the end of my block. He was honest and said there was nothing he could do to diagnose her and said to run her down to the ER vet In Appleton. They figured neurological issue. Her brain couldn’t communicate with her body. They figured tumor or lesions on her brain. Was a tough way to lose her. Was hoping for a few more years.
Damn:cry

take'm

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
She was only

That's an awful way to lose a dog,im truly sorry.
As i sit here and look at my 2-13 yo wirehairs I'm thankful and lucky they're still here,you never know...