A picture is worth thousand words.

Discussion in 'Louisiana Flyway Forum' started by borntohunt, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Duck Enticer

Duck Enticer Elite Refuge Member

I think what we are talking about is a solution to pressure. What are your solutions?

2. CUPTDUCK

CUPTDUCK Senior Refuge Member

My experience with pressure on average hunting ground is that it isn’t the number of days hunted that affects a ducks desire to be there it’s the days in between hunts that matters. So the average blind that gets hunted regularly for thirty, or sixty days will struggle the same. There are blinds here that rotate multiple groups through the same blind day in and day out and consistently produce, but that isn’t typical.

3. CUPTDUCK

CUPTDUCK Senior Refuge Member

My experience with pressure on average hunting ground is that it isn’t the number of days hunted that affects a ducks desire to be there, it’s the days in between hunts that matter. So the average blind that gets hunted regularly for thirty, or sixty days will struggle the same. There are blinds here that rotate multiple groups through the same blind day in and day out and consistently produce, but that isn’t typical.
    I personally want 60 days, I’m about a year out from retirement and the number days afield are very important to me. I also goose hunt though, so I’m gonna get 128 days regardless.

4. DU4life

DU4life Senior Refuge Member

Genocide of the instafabs?

Sunklands likes this.
  5. Chicken

Chicken Elite Refuge Member

Ducks eat crawfish ask that sacalait fella

6. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

Now you've gone and done it...

7. DComeaux

DComeaux Senior Refuge Member

A couple of more seasons like last year and I think your pressure issue will be solved.

8. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Hard to argue with that, and it's not just LA. I try to look at the bright side and think those who stick will be able to pick up some great ground at a good price. I well recall a couple of bad years in the early 2000s when I wondered if AR, TN and MS would ever get a migration again...they did.

DComeaux likes this.
  9. DU4life

DU4life Senior Refuge Member

You'd be surprised. There are people that will lease a crawfish pond with a 1 acre hole rolled in the stubble for $5k just say say "i have a blind" and watch the sunrise and sip their coffee. The commission isn't helping matters either. They are on fast pace to making speckle bellies a memory to tell younger generations about, because there won't be any coming to LA anymore. With the season layout for geese, it's only a matter of time.

Take teal for example, I watched a group of kiddos in Grand Chenier last weekend pile up 11 people on an island and shoot at every passing teal within 200 yards of them. Even birds that tried to work their hole, were shot on a turn instead of letting them finish. It isn't about what we love about duck hunting anymore. It's about tailgate shots, who can finish the quickest and post their "kill pile" on the snap chats the earliest.

Sunklands likes this.
  10. LADucks

LADucks Senior Refuge Member

This off-season was one giant cluster **** for goose hunters. I still can't for the life of me understand how there was no other option than to not be able to shoot geese the first week of the second duck split in the entire east zone. ONLY THE EAST ZONE.