a400 xtreme unico beretta stock shims 70mm

Discussion in 'Texas Flyway Forum' started by Gaudi, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Gaudi

Gaudi Elite Refuge Member

Does anyone know where to get a 70mm and 75mm stock shim for a beretta a400 extreme unico..... The gun comes with 50,55,60,and 65, but it is still paterning too high for me...

Cant shave the stock since its camo and has the recoil reducer in it..... mmmmm

2. maxflight

maxflight Elite Refuge Member

Have you tried Brownells or Midway or call the Beretta store in DFW

3. Gaudi

Already did all three... Beretta doesn't offer it, neither does brownells, mcbrides said a couple of people have asked and they don't have one.... No dice with beretta store in Dallas ... Might have to make one myself from some sheet metal or get a gunsmith to modify for me

4. maxflight

Try Angleport or Ballistic Specialties out of Batesville Arkansas....those guys can modify any Beretta gas gun

5. Mr. Jeem

Mr. Jeem Elite Refuge Member

Would Benelli shims fit?

6. tuf-duc

tuf-duc Senior Refuge Member

Get some 5 or 10 MM brass shim material. Usually any mill industrial supply house will have it WW Granger's probably. That thin you can probably easily cut it to size with scissors. then add it to your existing shims.

7. Gaudi

Thats not how these shims work.... they are not shimmed acording to thickness but rather by the position on a piece of metal, higher or lower... So would have to be an eitj of an inch piece of metal, just with the hole drilled higher or lower, I am going to check with a machine shop tomorrow.

8. maxflight

Have you considered raising the comb using a large moleskin pad to change the POI, its quick , its temporary and almost fool proof, plus its cheap

9. Gaudi

The comb is too high..... the 65mm or 70 mm or 75 mm refers to the drop at the heel, the more drop the lower the comb is....

Im shooting too high, need to lower the rear to lower poi

10. maxflight

Ok gotcha, but wouldnt putting a spacer in either the space where the receiver meets the stock or lengthening the stock do the same thing by changing the pitch and thus lowering the comb....

believe it or not there is one other solution, that you may not have considered.....CHANGE the CHOKE TUBE, I used some cheap Remington choke tubes once and then gave them away after putting Briley Spectrums, they just
    threw a better straighter pattern without manipulating the stock which fit me well

also put a middle bead on the rib, you may actually be looking higher on the rib than you think....most stock modifications are to make the comb higher, not lower