AB timber hunt

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
how much?
Ive never asked him. Never even asked to use one.
I will see him soon and ask about it. The pit I know of is taken and I dont think they're tearing them up at all. The old guy's been sick I felt really lucky to see him again.
His leases for deer hunting I stay away from. One was duck/ deer but got too expensive and the guys moved out. Lots of pin oaks.
I suspect its very high dollar.

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I tried to hook up with him and missed. Came close I ran into two of his high school pals on the refuge.

DD...you can afford this.
Do it film it I want to see it please.
20210203_071745.jpg

I had the best time of my life hunting with these guys. Notice how its an illinois phone number?
Theyre near rend lake but guide arkansas. These guys are the real deal.

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I'll offer to do this again this fall but the desperate part is over. I can probably squeeze one or two into a timber hole for a couple days.
Why offer?
How do you think I got started?
Someone showed me one spot.
One.

Iammichael6499

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Bummer that I saw this thread too late. I use to hunt Seven Devils east of Monticello and some flooded timber parcels near Dermott and McGehee. Haven’t been in pin oak trees in 30+ years. We had an old army Jeep that we drove thru the flooded woods to our holes. Can’t imagine what those places lease for now.

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Bummer that I saw this thread too late. I use to hunt Seven Devils east of Monticello and some flooded timber parcels near Dermott and McGehee. Haven’t been in pin oak trees in 30+ years. We had an old army Jeep that we drove thru the flooded woods to our holes. Can’t imagine what those places lease for now.
I don't want to even ask.
There was once a club called Moduck. Their lease was sort of laughable but we worked hard at it. I said we but I had very little to do with them. I did help but just a little. Slowly developed it. Gee those guys worked hard.
One day the owner swoops in. Further develops their existing stuff, tripled the rent, and found new renters. That's the reality of hunting leases and why the lease people are so insecure.
You just think they're in tall cotton fat n happy.
In reality they lose sleep every time they see a Cessna.

MoDuck was located on 1000 acres of pin oaks.
The fields in that area get covered in ducks at night its a wonderful place.

Last edited:

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
It's never too late.

Iammichael6499

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I stopped leasing years ago as well for the reasons you mentioned. My last Arkansas lease was 320 acres for $640/year. Deer, squirrels, ducks, unlucky raccoons, and assorted other creatures. We developed the water system, installed our own pumps, etc and as predicted the owner got greedy. Never hunted Arkansas again. I moved to Louisiana and hunted the public lakes (near Leesville) and a waterfowl lease (near Welch) that the company I worked for provided for client hunts. I never could have afforded that kind of lease and feel fortunate to have racked up 10 years of unbelievable waterfowl hunting that most hunters will never get to experience.

I don't want to even ask.
There was once a club called Moduck. Their lease was sort of laughable but we worked hard at it. I said we but I had very little to do with them. I did help but just a little. Slowly developed it. Gee those guys worked hard.
One day the owner swoops in. Further develops their existing stuff, tripled the rent, and found new renters. That's the reality of hunting leases and why the lease people are so insecure.
You just think they're in tall cotton fat n happy.
In reality they lose sleep every time they see a Cessna.

MoDuck was located on 1000 acres of pin oaks.
The fields in that area get covered in ducks at night its a wonderful place.

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have a few Blankenship’s in my area. One of my good buddies that I grew up playing baseball and hunting with. Now we coach our boys teams together.
I know not much but I tried real hard to find my buddy I am such a dingbat I had him in camp and forgot to ask. I hope he's around this fall it turns out everyone knows him. Dingbat me again forgot to give out cards and say call me.
I carry around labeled honey for that exact purpose. Ice breaker to get foot in door.
I always forget tho. Big dummy.