Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Achilles Tendonitis

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by num70, Feb 3, 2019.

1. J.Bennett

J.Bennett Elite Refuge Member

Does using a laser on someone allow that person to go back in time and stop their past self from performing the repetitive motion or other activity that caused the tendonitis?

It has to do with the cost of treating Achilles tendonitis if that is something that you would recommend. Are you saying that you wouldn't recommend any vitamins or supplements to someone receiving treatment for Achilles tendonitis? Maybe some Vitamin A to keep those free radicals from damaging tendons, Vitamin E to help with inflammation and to boost their cytokines, a little Vitamin C to help with the collagen synthesis, and maybe even a high quality protein/amino acid/collagen supplement (all of which you conveniently have for sale in your office)?

Maybe they do, maybe they don't, maybe they just buy the bottle of 100 for $2.50... Either way they are still ahead money.

I did. Still doesn't say "DO NOT take for over 5 days." Don't know how you got to that from, "Stop use and ask a doctor if the pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days."

This one:
    You seemed to think that this was an appropriate question to ask (which I answered):
    Based on your question, you seem to imply that his malady is due to some deficiency in his body and/or that his malady can only be treated by providing his body with something that it currently is deficient in... You have suggested cold laser therapy, so based on your previous question regarding NSAID deficiency, you must either believe that he is laser deficient or only apply your "deficiency" argument when it is convenient for you.

Tendonitis is, by definition, the inflammation of a tendon. The inflammation IS the malady. It is "healed" when the inflammation is gone. Both Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs and Low Level Laser Therapy (according to some studies) are capable of doing this. In other words, they both will "heal" the tendon. One costs $200 and the other costs $2.50...

As I explained earlier, technically speaking, tendonitis is "fixed/healed" when the inflammation is gone. Neither NSAIDs or lasers by themselves will reduce recurrence. Reducing the likelihood and frequency of recurrence would have to involve stretching and strengthening exercises (from what I understand, eccentric strengthening exercises provide good results). Relieving inflammation (with either NSAIDs or laser) allows the patient to perform these preventative exercises with less pain and discomfort, which in turn increases the likelihood of patient compliance, which leads to better outcomes (reduction of recurrence). So, if we are to believe the studies which suggest that low level laser may be as effective as NSAIDs at reducing inflammation, your cold laser either "fixes" tendonitis as well as NSAIDs or it is equally effective at covering up symptoms while the patient does their preventative exercises (depending on what one considers "fixed").

2. Doc E

Doc E Elite Refuge Member

Tendonitis is a symptom with an underlying cause.
    Get rid of the cause and the symptom will go away.
    Nuff said................................

3. Doc E

Tendonitis is a symptom with an underlying cause.
    Get rid of the cause and the symptom will go away.
    Nuff said................................

4. J.Bennett

Do you think that his malady was caused because he was laser deficient?

5. J.Bennett

No, tendonitis is not a symptom, it is a condition. Specifically it is the inflammation of a tendon. It is caused by stress put on the tendon by repetitive motion or a sudden injury (rarely, it can be caused by infection as well). So, unless it was caused by infection, you would need a time machine to "get rid of the cause."

What you can do is treat the inflammation. Once the inflammation is gone, there is no more tendonitis. There are things that can be done to prevent recurrence of the condition, but as I mentioned above, getting rid of the cause in most cases would involve time travel, and that is something that lasers aren't currently capable of facilitating.

I'll ask my question again since you seem to be ignoring it...

Do you think that his malady was caused because he was laser deficient?

TheDuckSlayer likes this.
  6. Doc E

Since you seem incapable of not asking stupid questions,
    I'll not be re-visiting this thread.

7. J.Bennett

So you asking if he is NSAID deficient isn’t a stupid question question, but me asking if he is laser deficient is?

Keep scamming people out of their money, quack.

8. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

I would definately buy a time machine laser. Just sayin’

9. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Lay down noted