Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Adding sounds to a FoxPro Super Snow Crow Pro???

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Blackduck, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Blackduck

Blackduck Senior Refuge Member

Hey all, I am curious if any others on here have a SSCP and can comment on how they went about adding other "brand" sounds to the unit, please. I am not technically inclined and wouldn't want to delete what is there, nor purchase sounds from somewhere in a format that I can't add to the foxpro. I have all of the snow sounds available from foxpro loaded on it when purchased, but would like to add some sounds from competitors and can't seem to find any instruction from FoxPro that makes me feel confident in doing it. I will probably call FP this week, but hoping that someone who has already done it can give me some guidance. Thanks!

2. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

None of us at JJB own a Fox Pro but I like to try and understand what customers are using our audio on so I've done some reading and talked with quite a few guys that do so. Fox Pro over complicates it without a doubt! All of the foxpro units are compatible to have the file formats .mp3 and .wav loaded onto the caller as is. Fox Pro sounds are in the format .fxp and .24b which is what they use in order to hinder people from taking their audio and turning around and using it on something that isn't a fox pro or attempting to sell it. As far as I've read and talked to customers about its simply a matter of going about loading the files the same way you would if you purchased a sound from Fox Pro. Hook your foxpro up to your computer and add the .mp3 or .wav files to your unit in the desired location/playlist. You shouldn't lose any audio you have loaded previously as it is just adding additional audio. All of our audio is .mp3, as is every competitor that I can think of that has snow goose audio out there. Regardless what you end up adding if you need any help with the process feel free to shoot me a PM and I will help you out the best I can over the phone.

Not sure if you combed over this section of their website but it is pretty informative and has a video of adding sounds with their program.
    https://www.gofoxpro.com/service/programming-support-center

3. likesbigspreads

likesbigspreads Elite Refuge Member

Give them a call and they will remote into your computer and just do it. I have had to have them do that a few times, but now I got it figured out. Its not the easiest thing to do that is for sure.

4. Blackduck

Blackduck Senior Refuge Member

JJB, I did watch that video but wasn't sure if that program would work with other brand sound files or not. I guess it shouldn't matter what brand if you have them on your computer? I'll be contacting you about getting some of your sounds.

LBS, I hate the idea that can "remote" right into my computer. Blasted technology. Oh well, that is a nice back up plan if it comes to that.

Thanks guys!

5. canpoint

canpoint Elite Refuge Member

I just called and they did it remotely. Took him a few minutes:)

likesbigspreads likes this.
  6. Drundel

Drundel Elite Refuge Member

I have the SnowPro and I was able to add in all my other sounds without too much trouble. I backed up all the pre-loaded sounds just incase, but no issues. I now have all the ones from FoxPro and about 80 others I've purchased throughout the years.