Adding speaker to varmint caller

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunters Forum' started by Ron Gilmore, Nov 14, 2019.

1. derbyacresbob

derbyacresbob Senior Refuge Member

I use the Foxpro SP-60 external speakers and I use full volume quite a bit of the time with no problems. Being able to adjust two speakers in the directions that you want will pay off in the long run. Even if it is not louder it will help spread the sound out much farther.
    [​IMG]IMG_0859 - Copy by , on Flickr
    [​IMG]IMG_4816 - Copy by , on Flickr
    [​IMG]2017-01-14 15.04.43-1 by , on Flickr
    [​IMG]IMG_3858 by , on Flickr
    The above older bobcat picture was taken when I used the Foxpro SP-55 speaker.

2. pounder

pounder Elite Refuge Member

If you had a Lucky Duck Revolt or Revolution, extra speakers wouldn't be an issue....just saying

Neighbor Guy likes this.
  3. Kelley

Kelley Refuge Member

i have a lucky duck rebel. can you use a extra speaker with it? new to this and trying to figure out what i am doing

4. pounder

there should be a jack where your charging plug is

5. Kelley

Kelley Refuge Member

any suggestion on what to get and would i gain anything by using one

6. pounder

I'm of no help with that...my call rotates, so it's not an issue for me...sorry

7. derbyacresbob

Stereo sounds, sound really good when you have two speakers.

I don't want the speaker pointing back towards me. If you happen to blow a speaker and you have two speakers it is not as big of a deal like it would be if you only have one speaker.

Having two speakers and pointing them in the directions I want them pointed has worked good for me for the last 12 years.

8. Neighbor Guy

Neighbor Guy Elite Refuge Member

I don’t know too many rabbits, coyotes, or other critters with two voice boxes? Why would you need to play those sounds in stereo?

9. derbyacresbob

I have about 15 or nore stereo sounds that have rabbit and bird, rat and bird, ravens and rabbit, male and female coyotes, fox and rabbit, etc. With two speakers if your e-caller plays in stereo the sound of one bird or animal comes out of one speaker and the other sound comes out of the other speaker.

With the speakers one foot away from each other pointed in different directions I can tell they are two separate sounds playing. The stereo bird sounds with two different birds and the coyote yipping sounds or coyote sounds with a female and male sound even better coming out of a two speaker stereo system.

Even if you don't have or can't play stereo sounds be able to point the two speakers where I want them pays off in the long run.

Ratdaddy likes this.