Aerial Survey (TEAL)

Engstfeld

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Unless he stayed past about 8 o’clock then maybe so. But I had a few guys scattered throughout, collectively we heard maybe 25 shots all morning. Rolled out at about 8:15.

A spank fest over there is 120 surface drives w 3 guns in each, blazing non stop. And every partying bringing back 18-24 birds.
I think your and my definitions of the term are 180 out from one another. That is to say, yes, it was very very bad.

ducaholic

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
At least where we were in SWLA, teal were very spread out and did not appear to be close to rivalling last years opening weekend numbers, much less exceeding them by 23%. There's a lot more water on the landscape right now, so not nearly as concentrated. I'm interested to see what this front does.
Birds rolled in heavy on Sunday according to several reports I got. How long they stay remains to be seen.

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Any reports from the SE corner?

Rick Hall

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Heard Delacroix area was virtually barren from two sources.

To the overall picture, I'm with LADucks:
At least where we were in SWLA, teal were very spread out and did not appear to be close to rivalling last years opening weekend numbers, much less exceeding them by 23%.

Just haven't seen what we generally do on an opener in my part of SWLA, much less an increase. Did, however, see more high bunches today than over the weekend. And tealized "contest hails" made many big wads appear anxious to land. Now, if we could just get folks to hold their water through that initial power dive...

Engstfeld

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

Jordan Vizinat

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

Two guys I know got on em pretty good this weekend in Venice, 3-5 man limits both days. But I keep hearing it’s spotty and hit or miss, like everywhere.

Ex. A close friend smoked em (7 man limit) in a rice field yesterday in SWLA, but a mile away his other group didn’t fire a shot. Very strange. But they should be getting here this week I’d imagine. Just odd that they’re not in traditional places.

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
We had a pretty good front come though over the weekend, and there will be a bit of north to the wind for another day of two. Migration wise, we got an insane influx of hummingbirds.

dwr353

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I hunt a rice field s/w of Opelousas. Had a good number of birds Sat.,Sun, and Tuesday. Hunted Wed. morning and it was a big drop off. Very few shots in the area. Two of us got 4. Trying again in the morning.

LADucks

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Area we’ve been in SWLA has been stagnant, seems like we’ve been shooting same birds for 9 days. It certainly hasn’t been the barn burner of prior two years.

Latest posts