Aerial Survey (TEAL)

DU4life

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Was planning on grinding it out on the SWLA public shooting grounds this weekend. Just received an invite to Mallard Lodge in Lacassine for the weekend. Couple Teal hunts and bass fishing all weekend. Hear say the bass fishing is as good as it gets. I’ll send you boys pics.
The fishing is great.

riverrat47

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I can’t put into words what I saw this morning. A truly unreal experience, from the camp/ lodge to the meals, at this point I don’t even care about the hunting. But it was a sight to behold.
Oh, God, I hope waterdud doesn't see your post!

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Gonna be hard to get Jordan back on the farm...
I have a feeling Jordan has the kind of mindset to enjoy every duck hunting experience on its own merits.

Jordan Vizinat

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
That ain't right.

I’m saying the whole thing is so amazing, it wouldn’t matter if I fired a shot. First class all the way. The show the Teal put on was just icing on the cake.

Just got done catching bass on almost every cast. I’m blown away boys. It’s a far cry from sleeping in a tent racing 100 mud boats out at The Wax.

Jordan Vizinat

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
B803D161-5627-45A5-A5EE-B20A00F0DD1E.png

I haven’t taken near the pics or videos I thought I would, just taking in the moment of a place like this. This is my brother, he got in on the fun too.

Jordan Vizinat

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I hope my comments weren’t misunderstood, or maybe Rick is just giving me a hard time, I’m not sure.

But for someone like me and my brother to spend a weekend at a place like this is something we could only dream of. To come up poor, lug thru creeks w our 410s jump shooting woodies as kids, to grinding 12+ yrs of all the highs and lows of public land in LA; to somehow end up at a place like this… I just can’t put it into words. The closest I ever thought I’d be to a place like this is in the books I’ve read. We are beyond humbled and thankful.

It’s just the little things. Warm coffee, a bed w fresh bedsheets, sleeping in until 5am, a 3 min ride to the blind in a SxS w a windshield, a fridge full of whatever you want to drink, coming back to the lodge to a chef making us a warm breakfast w utensils laid out on a beautiful dining room table, the pictures on the wall. All of it. It’s like we woke up in heaven this morning. So when I say I don’t care if I fired my gun, that’s what I meant. Its already a weekend I’ll never forget, killing Teal is just lagniappe.

Latest posts