Aerial Survey (TEAL)

GHK

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Anyone else here remember the American Sportsman's Club that offered self-guided Southwest Louisiana hunting to its members?

If you don't, count your blessings.

I was thinking more along the lines of I guess you would call it a day lease blind or something.
I enjoy hunting geese now and then and there is basically very little to zero public land places to do that. It’s also nice to change up the scenery now and then and hunt some ag land.

There was some WMA’s the had some ag component to them. They decided to plant most of those areas it in trees.

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The self-guided stuff in AR sucks. If the owner has any good stuff he’s either leasing it to a group on an annual/long term deal or guiding for real money. Anyone who has a good hunt on those deals got lucky.

Rick Hall

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I was thinking more along the lines of I guess you would call it a day lease blind or something.

Good way to find yourself in a bad location standing in a pit of skanky water and trash with no cover. But it should be cheaper than a good location someone's cared for...

GHK

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Good way to find yourself in a bad location standing in a pit of skanky water and trash with no cover. But it should be cheaper than a good location someone's cared for...

You must keep better company than I do.

That sounds just like a morning hunting with my brother-in-law. lol

LADucks

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I wish something like this was more prevalent myself. I see it more in other states like Arkansas.
Correct. It's tough to hold stuff like that together. Every now and then a rotation of sorts will pop up in our area... but the nature is it's where someone didn't already have existing leases which means its a crap-shoot that doesn't pay off. Otherwise, you have to get someone already in good blinds to agree to rotate their's with others. It's just tough to get off the ground in this day and age with lease prices and "club land" purchase prices being astronomical. I'm sure pre-existing ones have much better chances.

LADucks

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I enjoy hunting geese now and then and there is basically very little to zero public land places to do that. It’s also nice to change up the scenery now and then and hunt some ag land.

There was some WMA’s the had some ag component to them. They decided to plant most of those areas it in trees.

I want to make it clear day lease is not what I was referring to lol. Rick is right. That's a fast ticket to a gar-hole. I'm talking about an entire operation working on a long-term membership/rotation deal where everyone is in it together and invested in the success... not some locals in AR that take some OOS'er money and put them in their sub-lease fields with a shack for a "club membership".

Engstfeld

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I want to make it clear day lease is not what I was referring to lol. Rick is right. That's a fast ticket to a gar-hole. I'm talking about an entire operation working on a long-term membership/rotation deal where everyone is in it together and invested in the success... not some locals in AR that take some OOS'er money and put them in their sub-lease fields with a shack for a "club membership".
Is that really a thing?

LADucks

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Is that really a thing?
Unfortunately so. Getting worse as LA guys are getting more desperate. Ground worth having won’t ever make it to Facebook, much less out of state FB groups.

Rick Hall

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
You must keep better company than I do.

That sounds just like a morning hunting with my brother-in-law. lol

And that's the rub with any blind you don't have solid control over: you're damn brother-in-law and his kin are apt to make up the majority of the community sharing it.

(No shortage of ghetto "guides" in the commercial camps, either...)

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

Latest posts