Aerial Survey (TEAL)

DU4life

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Anyone else here remember the American Sportsman's Club that offered self-guided Southwest Louisiana hunting to its members?

If you don't, count your blessings.
My dad hunted all over the country with the American Sportsman club. He has lots of good stories from then.

Rick Hall

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My dad hunted all over the country with the American Sportsman club. He has lots of good stories from then.

My first Louisiana hunt was for September ('83) teal as a guest of a member on a multi-party (think "dove hunt") field SW of Gueydan. Shooting started well before time, and I'd soon seen more outlawing than I had anywhere else in the nation - combined. "What do those guys think they're shooting?"

"Woodteal, motteal, pinteal..." was the reply.

Didn't go back for September teal, but did give it another shot with a member during the regular season on what should have been a two or, worst case, three blind farm with five beat-to-dirt, trash and skank water pits. Didn't kill anything but did very nearly see a fight...

DU4life

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
My first Louisiana hunt was for September ('83) teal as a guest of a member on a multi-party (think "dove hunt") field SW of Gueydan. Shooting started well before time, and I'd soon seen more outlawing than I had anywhere else in the nation - combined. "What do those guys think they're shooting?"

"Woodteal, motteal, pinteal..." was the reply.

Didn't go back for September teal, but did give it another shot with a member during the regular season on what should have been a two or, worst case, three blind farm with five beat-to-dirt, trash and skank water pits. Didn't kill anything but did very nearly see a fight...
They hunted mostly gum cove/black lake area.

Latest posts