Afternoon hunt!

Discussion in 'Utah Flyway Forum' started by mojo1, Oct 26, 2010.

1. mojo1

mojo1 Elite Refuge Member

I went out to OB this afternoon in front of the last storm wave. When I got there no one was in the parking lot, had the whole area to myself. I got set up on one of the bigger ponds and proceeded to kill one, but the ducks were very wary, would not commit to my spread; they kept turning out just out of range. What else could go wrong for me, you guessed it, my call came apart as I grabbed it and the cork and reeds fell out on the ground. I put it back together but never could get it right, sounded horrible.:doh So then the ducks started landing across from my spread. At this point I was ready to pack it in for the evening, but then other folks starting showing up.

I would like to give a big shout out to the 2 ethical courteous hunters who choose to set up right across from me (less than 125 yards) even though they had the pick of the rest of the unit to set up in.:mad: If you hadn?t proceeded to blare away on your calls while setting in the open with no decoys, I never could broken up the suck hole that was developing over on that side of the pond. I hope you enjoyed watching that triple I made on those widgeons that flared off of you and along with the other three singles I puffed balled.:flame

I hope you got some shooting after I left out. I got out just in time as the temp sure dropped in a hurry, hope you guys didn?t get too cold.

Thanks again I couldn?t have pulled it off without your help!!!!!:grvn:grvn

2. utduckguy32

utduckguy32 Senior Refuge Member

LOL...Nice Mojo!!!:l:l

3. HEVI ON HONKERS

HEVI ON HONKERS Elite Refuge Member

Been there done that.funny but not at the time i am sure

4. rjefre

rjefre Elite Refuge Member

Ha! I'm glad you made some lemonade out of the lemons!
    R

5. ChuckIII

ChuckIII Senior Refuge Member