Airboats on the dikes

Discussion in 'Utah Flyway Forum' started by freepunk, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjefre

rjefre Elite Refuge Member

I've talked to quite a few airboaters in the last several days, and surprisingly, many did not know that you can't drive up on a dike. Most thought that you couldn't go inside the dike, but pulling up on a dike and looking around was OK. In our next newsletter to the association, I'll write an article reminding guys that it is not OK. Back in the early 90's, I used to drive on the dikes occasionally. It was not until later that I learned that it was not allowed. I haven't been on a dike since then, and I'm sure these guys won't be on a dike again either. Live and learn.
    R

2. Thall101

Thall101 Senior Refuge Member

Just so you all know you can't call them dikes anymore you have to call them alternative lifestyle tracks of land. Just a head up:grvn

3. Bear River Boomer

Bear River Boomer Elite Refuge Member

I've never known a dike I could get on either..... they keep pushing me away....and all this time I thought it was because I'm ugly

4. rjefre

rjefre Elite Refuge Member

I guess I should clarify that I was speaking of earthen water-retention structures. I'm not saying I have or haven't been on a dike of other sorts, but I've heard that it is time to get off the dike when the crew-cut with gelled spikes keep poking you in the eyes...Not that there is anything wrong with that.
    R

5. 10GAUGE19

10GAUGE19 Elite Refuge Member

BRB...now that's funny!!! :dv:dv:tu

6. CooterCounty

CooterCounty Refuge Member

Hahah!.... "Not at all."

7. Utahgreenhead

Utahgreenhead Senior Refuge Member

R, Thanks for posting the response. I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt on this. I would hope that most people are ethical enough and have the self discipline to obey the law once they know about it. We are all guilty of stuff we didn't know better, it's what you do with the knowledge once you have it. By the way, I don't want to know anymore about your extra curricular activities either. Even though it was funny. :dv

8. Swiss Goose

Swiss Goose Banned

I'm sorry, but this thread can not be ignored. It's not enough that the elistists don't support any restrictions in the WMA's and put the motor lobby blockaid on any more motorless units. Now these same, can't possibly have enough access all to themselves, airboaters have to drive their dam airboats into the motorless units. If that does'nt take the cake I don't know what does. Lets make sure the best way to access the motorless units of farmington bay is via air boat, make the poor bugger foot guys walk 6 miles only to find two gubers with buckets and 500 decoys right where they were wanting to go. Damn you guys have got to be the most selfish group in the whole world.

9. BBFlinger

BBFlinger Elite Refuge Member

Swiss, I think I speak for a majority...................................SHUT UP

10. scooter

scooter New Member

I agree with BB. P!sses me off that you judge a whole group by one guy. I hope people don't think all duck hunters are @$$ holes like you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.