Airboats on the dikes

Discussion in 'Utah Flyway Forum' started by freepunk, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utduckguy32

utduckguy32 Senior Refuge Member

+1..:clap:clap:clap:amen:clap:clap

2. Josh Noble

Josh Noble Senior Refuge Member

Swiss,
    Is the Crystal unit designated "non-motorized"?

3. Paddler

Paddler Banned

The south Crystal Unit is closed to motorized access. But that's irrelevant to this thread, which is about running AB's on dikes. These guys probably just didn't know better. Ignorance of the law is not a valid defense, however, and they should probably pay a small fine. It is entertaining, as it's hard to imagine why anyone would want to do that. This doesn't reflect poorly on anyone except the operator of the airboat in question. He doesn't look like the sharpest tool in the shed.:doh

Of course, that's assuming that it's illegal to ride the dikes, which I'm not clear on. (They can marry in some jurisdictions, after all). Do we have the official word on this? Are the dikes inside the WMAs? What if you stay on the outside half? Too funny.

4. mojo1

mojo1 Elite Refuge Member

Colby or better yet should I call you by Swiss Goose, Cousin Eddie, Jimbo53, Mark Young, or whatever other screen names you are going by on the various forums, you might as well give it a rest.

By now most everyone knows (if not they do now):dv you’re just on the forums spreading dissent among all water fowlers and user groups with your rhetoric.:flame

I think you just might need to find another form of entertainment, this game has run its course!

Have a Happy New Year!!:grvn

P.S. Since I'm not permitted to dispense psychiatric advice without a medical license, I have decided not to answer your calls! Please see professional help for your multiple personality disorder condition before it’s too late!:joker

5. BBFlinger

BBFlinger Elite Refuge Member

So, does this mean that if he threatens suicide, would it be considered a hostage situation? Just wondering:scratch

6. scout8

scout8 Refuge Member

Now that's funny right there. I don't care who you are.
    :dv

7. freepunk

freepunk Refuge Member

Actually I beat them to the spot :tu

But Paddler is right. This guy/group really just didn't get it. Have talked to rjefre and the parties involved have been notified and understand that what they did was wrong. If anything it was a good for this to happen to bring an issue to light that not every airboater knew about.

You cant judge or label all airboaters by this one groups actions. I hunt out there quite a bit and most of the guys I run into are courteous and respectful hunters.

8. bubba41

bubba41 Elite Refuge Member

You could always go out and set up right on top of another foot soldier:scratch Didn't we read something about that earlier this season. That sounds pretty damn selfish to me. You could serious put your time and energy to good use and tell the db with lexus he's selfish because he has a nicer car than you and parked closer to the store, or sit at the shores of a lake and yell at the guy in the boat for trolling 300 yards away from the bank, because he's got the whole lake to fish and he is scaring the fish that are 50 feet out from you. Are you upset with people for having wealth or are you upset at them for you having none:confused: I think this thread is more about an individual rather than a group. Jeff did the best he could. Its the CO's authority fine him not Jeffs.

9. donk

donk Senior Refuge Member

SWISS,It's time to stop all the bitch en, point made get over it and move on. :cry wipe the tears away grab your gun and kill some ducks. Then post some pictures for all of to enjoy. Are you getting it now, do something you have control over:scratch. By the way happy new years to all.

10. bugleboy

bugleboy Moderator

Done and Done. Thread Closed.

Thanks Jeff, UAB President, for getting the situation straightened out :tu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.