Alabama Flyway Forum Sponsors

Alabama adopts baiting laws for deer and hog

Discussion in 'Alabama Flyway Forum' started by stevena198301, May 9, 2019.

1. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Money, money, money. Money!

I do not, in any form or fashion have an opinion of the morality of hunting over bait for deer or hog. I do however have an opinion of the lawmakers passing this, when I have my game and fish saying CWD is passed by deer bunching up, and bait adds to deer bunching up. Where’s the logic? I can knot think of one reason...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al...ve-hunting-deer-with-bait.html?outputType=amp

2. duck dawg

duck dawg Senior Refuge Member

The same thing happen in MS. The lawmakers, against the recommendation of state game and fish made bating legal (money, money, money, Money!).

Now that CWD is spreading thoughout the state they are banning batting in certain CWD zones the prevent spreading, which is about 1/2 the state. I'm guessing it will be banned statewide again before long.

stevena198301 likes this.
  3. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

Sadly the best thing that could happen for hunting is the destruction of the North American deer herd. Deer have caused more destruction of hunter access than anything alone. It’s a shame.

JP likes this.
  4. stevena198301

Interesting... makes it sound even more like a “get it while the getting is good” argument.

5. stevena198301

You may be correct. But I don’t think a mass die off of deer will get us our good spots back.

6. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

You’re probably right. Some jack wagon from Alabama would start up trophy squirrel leases and people would start planting black phase grey squirrels and fox squirrels and people would sit over bird feeders telling everybody how it’s impossible to kill a squirrel unless you have sunflower filled bird feeders.

JP and stevena198301 like this.
  7. j4038

j4038 New Member

I agree with Stevena. Classic Alabama money grab. Like the new additional $10 if you fish for reef fish in salt water. They say it’s to know how many folks fish reef fish mainly snapper. That’s a bunch of bull. The state already mandates checking in snapper on the app, so they should already know. I could care less how a deer is hunted. It’s just a alabama money grab.

8. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

Baiting is only the first step as high fence areas are next so urbanites can shoot livestock (pen raised deer, etc) and have that feeling of accomplishment. Watched a couple episodes of “The High Road” that cat, Keith Warren pimps. If he isn’t the used car salesmen of hunting, there isn’t a cow in Texas.

9. lockingblock

lockingblock Refuge Member

CWD is spread via saliva...so it does make sense to spread the deer out and not have them licking the same salt block...

10. cholt

cholt Elite Refuge Member

Bama is covered up in high fence hunting preserves. I actually used to guide for one guy and fixing to start with another. Easy money 100 bucks a day plus food and man these guys that can’t hunt got deep pockets the tips are nice I mean you go sit where on a field that’s used regularly by some giant farm raised deer and call the shot for them lol. I mean some of these guys hearts can be heard in the shooting house. Slipped up one time guy was like he’s got to be 145, I was like actually 153 7/8 lol oops he wasn’t supposed to know I had already had my hands on his rack before the season lol. I will take all the good tip money from deep pocket guys that can’t hunt , only shoot a rifle.