All quiet on the Misery Front

Discussion in 'Missouri Flyway Forum' started by WHUP ! Hen, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Please make a thread on it.
    Serious. Share it all including the miserable stuff both lost and found broken.
    Why?
    There are people who when you describe a personal problem to they chirp out..."move" like its simple and easy.
    You should move...lol

2. Sunklands

Sunklands Elite Refuge Member

Couldn’t imagine moving. Watching the wife and kids load stuff up, to go camping is painful enough. More chit that you could ever dream of.

3. Drakes Landing

Drakes Landing Senior Refuge Member

Moved a year and a half ago and OMG........BRUTAL!!! Have someone move the big stuff they said so I did. Well, what I found out was that the big stuff would have been easy peasy compared to the mountain of un-ending boxes that seemed to multiply by the day. Don’t fall for that the small stuff is easy bs!!! It was absolutely brutal moving what I would estimate to be 9,769 boxes in and out and up and down stairs!!

F Moving!!!!! Never again for this dude!!!!

WuChang, kdog and hunting1 like this.
  4. Truman

Truman Senior Refuge Member

Definitely have a give it away sell before the move and clear out as much chit as possible. You have already lost some stuff and you don't even know it yet.

kdog likes this.
  5. kdog

kdog Elite Refuge Member

Im finding out the smalls are over-whelming .........My garage is a disaster .............Im moving from city to 40 acres ,,,,,,,,Im loving it

Drakes Landing, WuChang and Sunklands like this.
  6. kdog

kdog Elite Refuge Member

Neighbor just got a dumpster for a playset.........i helped him tear it down ,,,and free dumping of my junk in hid dumpster

7. Timber Hole

Timber Hole Elite Refuge Member

I have lived in the same house for 35 years. Not only am I not moving, I keep building or buying more barns and garages. It isn’t possible to have too much space.

hunting1 likes this.
  8. WuChang

WuChang Elite Refuge Member

Kev

When we moved outta North County 5 years ago we got rid of as much of everything as possible and we still are boxing stuff for Goodwill

we didn’t have furniture for 2 weeks except a rocking chair,my office chair, a bed and a tv we brought with us

learned real quick....when it came to getting new stuff....we were 2 weeks from “civilization” LOL

Regardless of the number of smalls etc....best thing we ever did

There isn’t enough dynamite to get us outta here,while not 40 acres, it still is a great place to live and we are blessed with really good neighbors

Once you are in and the “gotta get moved” craziness slows down, I am sure you won’t really care about all the crap you brought with you and can take your time to unpack

Welcome to the good life

WHUP ! Hen and kdog like this.
  9. kdog

kdog Elite Refuge Member

Been here 27 years ..more car parts than i need a hole in my head ,,,,1000 to move it ,,,not doing the big stuff ,,,,,,,,,,im enjoying ,,knowing where im going ,,,Went to bed at 5 am this morning ,,,neighbor was knocking at 630 am

10. kdog

kdog Elite Refuge Member

Thanks woo ,,,you wanna kill some goats im just down the road 20 mins or so ,,,In Mt sterling ,,cooper hill area ,,,,im pumped ,,,lots of turkeys on the place too ...Owner was trying to call one in the other day from his front porch ,,,,,,,,has three hens nesting in the front yard,,,told me and the realto to stay out of the field with the side by side .........Life is good ,,,owensville is just up the road 15 20 mins ,,,jeffcity is 30 ,,,,aint nothing but a thing,,,,,,,,,need a pole barn and tractor and im set ,,1/2 in im second to the last home on a gated drive