All quiet on the Misery Front

Discussion in 'Missouri Flyway Forum' started by WHUP ! Hen, Mar 26, 2021.

1. WHUP ! Hen

WHUP ! Hen Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

We moved last November from the home we lived in for 44 years. It was almost 4400 sq.ft., including a finished basement. We moved into a smaller house with an unfinished basement, which is still full of boxes. I have built shelves for my decoy collection so that’s taken care of. Other than that, we still can’t find sheet even though the boxes are marked with the room they came from. Every time I go down to the basement I say never again. The kids and the grandkids are going to have to phuq with it. We do have a totally fenced back yard which my old Lab loves, she has never had one.

Truman likes this.
  2. hunting1

hunting1 Elite Refuge Member

Almost makes you sorry for your kids. 21 years in my place and as pointed out above you can't ever have too much storage space. As far as letting stuff go I've come to the "what I don't know won't hurt me" stage. Pushing up daisys will be my salvation from 'stuff'. I only hope they find enough hidden treasures for them to come out on the positive side.

WHUP ! Hen and Timber Hole like this.
  3. Timber Hole

Timber Hole Elite Refuge Member

When one of my old customers bought something they always said that it would "sell good at the sale"!!! I think a lot of my stuff will sell good at the sale!!! :yes

My latest purchase.

Skid Steer.jpg

4. WHUP ! Hen

WHUP ! Hen Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Damn, that’s a cool rig. I could use one like that at our hole for a couple of days .

5. BlackLegendGauge

BlackLegendGauge Senior Refuge Member

I am about to start tearing into a 6 acre cedar thicket with good size trees.

Anyone here a logger in SWMO and interested in dealing with these worthless things?[​IMG]

6. hunting1

Shouldn't be worthless. Not sure what the market is anymore for cedar but I bet it beats nothing. That's a decent sized log pictured

Sam Ortmann and WHUP ! Hen like this.
  7. hunting1

Stuff like that is worth something. Mine isn't :l. Nice rig. From time to time I imagine your neighbors ask you if you're interested in a 'little project'

8. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

We moved about 10 years ago.
    My dad was starting to deteriorate. At same time a landlord who'd charged a fee to allow us to add another Labrador to our collection had second thoughts. He had an agenda...get us gone.

So I started sorting and packing and took my sweet time. I already had an empty house it just needed tuned up.

Finally it got to be the day. We rented a big truck with a lift-gate and it was easy. Why?
    My wife is maintenance supervisor and guess what they do? Move furniture a lot.
    They keep the place running too.
    Moving sucks but my wife made it easy.
    Flat carts and dollies borrowed from work.
    Packing boxes. The works. She don't fool around.
    I got very very lucky at love.

9. Timber Hole

Timber Hole Elite Refuge Member

I seem to get involved in a lot of family/friends/neighbors projects! :) I volunteered to build a set of steel ramps and towers for my friends moms deer stand. I was told to call the processor Saturday as that family is giving me a side of beef, all expenses paid. Very, very nice of them. I was more than happy to provide all the labor for free.

GLS, QuaaackerJack and WHUP ! Hen like this.
  10. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Dang.
    I pick the wrong ppl to help.
    I put a new fan motor in a condenser and re-wired their mess they'd made trying to home troubleshoot for my neighbors once.
    Kiss that money goodbye.
    They had kids that were sweating.
    I'm a sucker

WHUP ! Hen likes this.