All settled in S. Utah

Discussion in 'Utah Flyway Forum' started by BBFlinger, Aug 13, 2010.

1. BBFlinger

BBFlinger Elite Refuge Member

One more trip north tomorrow to bring back the last of the stuff and I will officially be livng in St George (okay, Washington Fields). Now to find the hunting areas. Any suggestions from the southern guys? Don't think I will have a problem finding doves and quail spots, just waterfowl.

2. rjefre

rjefre Elite Refuge Member

Good luck down there Marty! I hope you can make it back up here now and again to attend a function or two!
    R

3. BBFlinger

Thanks Jeff. After looking at the number of ducks around these here parts versus the number of doves, it will be after September. I'm getting excited to thin the population of bush dwellers. Not looking to promising for pond sitter though. I will let you know and then maybe we can get out together (at least once in our lifetimes). Take care of the honey holes. See ya in a couple of months.

4. donk

donk Senior Refuge Member

marty, what the hell made you head south, don't tell me the winters i know you have alway been a little on the **** side. no we wish you the best.
    good luck,
    the kranendonk's

5. BBFlinger

Ron, to be perfectly honest, the winters had alot to do with it. tired of shoveling snow and scraping windows. Seriously, I took an engineering job with Blue Bunny Ice Cream. My wife really wants to take advantage of the product I make. I use to work for a trailer and two medical device manufacturers. I'll be back up there during the winter so you dont think Im a total ****. :tu

6. Band Man

Band Man Elite Refuge Member

Buy a NV license and hit the virgin... Some decent shooting on the river.. Its hit or miss, but alot of mallard and wigeon. Nothing like what your used to in the GSL

7. donk

donk Senior Refuge Member

Marty,
    virgin as in river, the only one your going to find in NV.:nutz:dv:yes