Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

All things Corona and COVID-19

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by threeinchshell, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Dirtybird420

Dirtybird420 Elite Refuge Member

So I wonder how many of us are left that haven’t caught the virus. Least that we kno of. At the rate people are acting like it’s spreading I gotta be getting close to winning.

DelFowl18 and OneShotBandit like this.
  2. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

The prize should be having to read every post Chokes has ever made. :l :l

OneShotBandit likes this.
  3. Dirtybird420

That doesn’t sound like a good prize.

DelFowl18 and OneShotBandit like this.
  4. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

It's not a good virus. :l

Still, you'll be in the same boat as 99.8% of us who will survive....surely you don't need a participation trophy. :clap

5. J.Bennett

J.Bennett Elite Refuge Member

I don't know for sure, but I believe I mentioned one of the reasons that they have been hesitant to track it in my post that you quoted from.

Some have obviously have been (if they weren't, Grif wouldn't have any articles to link to). I suspect that many of the bigger players learned early in this thing the value of waiting for the science to play out rather than tripping over each other to report on pre-prints which often times end up being retracted, contradicted by future studies or even discredited (see hydroxychloroquine). When that happens, those reporting on it lose credibility with their audience unless that audience possesses a confirmation bias so strong that it prevents them from acknowledging such.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  6. WidgeonmanGH

WidgeonmanGH Elite Refuge Member

Of course you are right and I do note that you have not been for mandates. I believe those that govern will soon have some new data to put into the equation, like what happens when you push citizens too far and they start doing some particularly uncivilized things. Fire them, threaten their kids, etc. and the wrong one is going to crack like the sound of 6.5 Ceedmore from 900 yards away on top of a building. New equation. Risk of harm (to certain politicians)from previously infected or non-infected who don't want it being forced to get vaccination ,<?>Reduction in risk of harm (to certain politicians) achieved by vaccine mandate. Just say'in

NOTE:
    To the alphabet soup guys monitoring our communication, I am not an advocate or promoter of this, but just noting the potential for such kinetic protest is growing with each turn of the screws. Not a good plan unless that is your goal then high on it is working.

hunting1 likes this.
  7. J.Bennett

J.Bennett Elite Refuge Member

Maybe, but just like those who say they'd quit or get fired over vaccine mandates, I doubt that the real world data will support that... At least half of unvaccinated workers report that they'll either quit or get fired before they will comply, but so far only a fraction of them have sacrificed their jobs over mandates. Not saying that mandates are a good idea, but I am saying that when push comes to shove, most folks are all talk.

8. WidgeonmanGH

WidgeonmanGH Elite Refuge Member

Yep. But most of the "protests" like the one I mentioned are carried out by less than stable individuals that have been triggered by something. While most who have had the principle to stand up and are now fired (at least in our state) are probably good folks preparing to leave and go to a free state, it only takes a fraction of a percentage or even an individual to change the equation. They need to see that the pressure is building and it will not turn out well. Nothing may come of it. But if it does I will be shocked but not surprised.

9. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

This really is starting to feel like Hitler is in charge and Berlin is about to fall. All we need is one of those "fill in the words" memes.
    I happen to have them but not suitable for here.

10. Dirtybird420

I see where your going with this boomer.

DelFowl18 likes this.