All things Corona and COVID-19

hunting1

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Uh... why didn't she turn on the car? Seems there's more to the story here. If she was incapable of turning on the car, then it sounds like neglect on someone else's part in leaving her by herself like that. Tragedy to be sure.
That was my 1st thought too. I had to read far into the story to find out that out that for whatever reason be it reasonable or not she might have been afraid that the car would run out of gas. I would imagine before she went out to the car she was probably given a time frame for how long it would take. I've made some bad mistakes in my life assuming that someone would have the common sense to do this or that So I am no person to judge him for not making sure that she knew to keep the car running. He probably just assumed. I'm fairly exposed to incidents and accidents. Most of them have 2 or 3 different different aspects that come into play before they really result in something serious. That seems to be the case here and bottom line it's just unfortunate. Had the rules not been in place or there had been some reasoning with the hospital about their visitation policy and provided an exception for something as serious as a blood transfusion This would have never occurred

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course. But I thought we all agreed to ignore it and let everyone make their own decisions at this point.

I would not have agreed to that . ....I'm gonna keep exposing how stupid this all has been as more info comes out....forever. :l

Fogie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

Sad that covid visitation rules led to this. Zero reasoning behind visitation rules and reality. I had plenty of experience with this last year. Limiting the number of people in the room for distancing reasons was a joke. I'm with someone, 2 nurse techs doing a bed change, a tech stopping by to take vitals, an RN in the room updating medications and the floor nurse stopping by with her shift replacement to update her. 8 people in the room at one time. Other times 3 staff with me and patient was common. Clown world. What was even more astounding was an employee of mine having a massive stroke on the job Dec '20. He was transported to the hospital where they tried for 4 hours to keep him alive but there was nothing they could do. In the meantime, his wife and 2 boys were refused entry to see him. It took a good hour and a meeting outside the hospital doors with the family and 3 doctors before they were allowed in. I couldn't believe it. How can BS rules turn people with Doctorates credentials into retards? It was a new frontier of stupidity for me.
Chalk up another victim of those brave folks who overreacted in fear not for themselves but on the behalf others..poor lady, cowards killed her.

longshot

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
EVERY SINGLE DAY WE ALL MAKE DECISIONS BASED ON CALCULATED RISK. These decisions are sometimes thought about before we do something and consciously considered OR OTHER risks we take and do not even think about! For example did you know you have a 1/107 chance of dying in a car accident in your life? That is a risk almost all of us take daily. Did you run those number through your mind while getting in the care this morning? Did you decide NOT to drive to work this morning because the risk was too great? Driving is the single most dangerous activity most of us do MULTIPLE times daily and how risky this common activity is is rarely considered! Most everything we do has a risk to some degree or another. We make our own choices and do what we feel is right FOR US. The problem is when someone ELSE decides to determine our risk for ANY activity and our right to choose what we do is compromised by others choices for us. I feel that this is one of the huge issues with this "pandemic".

longshot

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Just a FYI in SEMO the ONLY place that mask are still "mandatory" is in hospitals and other healthcare facilities and walmart employees ...... Nowhere else do you see them worn except by maybe 1% of people and that might be a stretch!

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My wife had it shortly after cancer treatment and lost some taste ability. She's my "make sure the honey tastes good" Q.C. technician.
Now we have to have me taste it too. I'm not that good. My daughter is.
That's about the only direct effect it's had here.
I had it too but wasn't tested treated vaccinated or boosted. Sorry to those that had it worse or twice...etc.
Sonething is really really different about this whole phase of "the event".
Historic times....(barf)

They Fau Cheed us good.

DA

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Turn off the fake news Gents…covid 19 George Soros, ABC admitting the boosters could be shutting down our immune system and more. …

Last edited by a moderator:

hunting1

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
tumblr_b25fc5e3c91122a3a9409c22531e8fd6_1e06b707_500.jpg