All things Corona and COVID-19

Bclick

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

California Flyway

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Keep getting those Covid boosters, and your Flu shot. The Flu and and RSV cases resulting in hospitals experiencing heavy volumes of patients. They do not need and any extra Covid patients.

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yep, most medical facilities are keeping mask requirements in place. I think it's mostly because they're required to wear one.

If you have to have a medical treatment or surgery, they're still requiring a negative test.

Haven’t been to a local hospital lately, but wife went in recently for a test. No masks were seen. I know the doctors offices around here are mask free.

OneShotBandit

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something interesting happened to me yesterday. I had to get some lab tests yesterday, so drove to the hospital here in town. I didnt bring a mask because covid has been over here for like "forever". no one has worn or had to wear a mask in a long time. I walked up and the sign said "mask required" I thought it might just be a suggestion, so i walked in and you would have thought the world was coming to an end.....the nurse behind the desk started yelling at me to get back out the door. it was quite the ordeal... I ran home, grabbed a mask, and went back. She remembered me and really gave it to me for trying to get in earlier without a mask.

Im only posting this as legit, it was like a different world in there that I didnt even know still existed. You want to talk about people still "following blind orders", just go to a hospital in "nowhereville" midwest. It was insane....

The only reason I went back is because i have o choice but to get this bloodwork done....
As I've posted earlier, all the Pharmacists at Walmart are NOW wearing masks (again)!

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven’t been to a local hospital lately, but wife went in recently for a test. No masks were seen. I know the doctors offices around here are mask free.

Went in for an MRI on my hip a few weeks ago.....everybody masked. I get in the room with the MRI tech and he looks at me and says, "is it OK if we take these damn masks off"? Mine was off before he finished his question. :l

We had a good laugh at the stupidity of the last few years.

stevena198301

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Something interesting happened to me yesterday. I had to get some lab tests yesterday, so drove to the hospital here in town. I didnt bring a mask because covid has been over here for like "forever". no one has worn or had to wear a mask in a long time. I walked up and the sign said "mask required" I thought it might just be a suggestion, so i walked in and you would have thought the world was coming to an end.....the nurse behind the desk started yelling at me to get back out the door. it was quite the ordeal... I ran home, grabbed a mask, and went back. She remembered me and really gave it to me for trying to get in earlier without a mask.

Im only posting this as legit, it was like a different world in there that I didnt even know still existed. You want to talk about people still "following blind orders", just go to a hospital in "nowhereville" midwest. It was insane....

The only reason I went back is because i have o choice but to get this bloodwork done....
My dad had hip replacement yesterday. Not a mask in sight. Glad that's over here.

sdkidaho

Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming
Reaction score

And this is where I get in trouble.

"LOOK LADY - I complied with your orders and went and got a mask. Stop talking to me like I'm 5 years old. It was an honest mistake. I didn't realize as nowhere else requires these anymore."

That's the problem - the people that feel they need to edumacate everyone else that they feel is stupid - ie: those who do not agree with them.

sdkidaho

Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming
Reaction score
Went in for an MRI on my hip a few weeks ago.....everybody masked. I get in the room with the MRI tech and he looks at me and says, "is it OK if we take these damn masks off"? Mine was off before he finished his question. :l

We had a good laugh at the stupidity of the last few years.
Got an MRI back in June - no mask required.

Local hospital stopped requiring masks about two weeks ago.

Rarely see anyone with one on any more.

orangelegs73

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score

Wife and I went to visit her brother in an assisted living facility a couple of weeks ago. She forewarned me that they were still requiring masks. I simply said, "We'll see." After being let in (without masks on, mind you), I noticed it was rather hit or miss for the employees wearing masks. The one that came to check us in wasn't wearing one (nor were any of the live-ins) and she never said a thing about us not wearing any masks. However, there were intimidating-looking signs literally everywhere stating that masks MUST be worn at all times! After we left the wife and I had a good laugh about all of it and then she said, "Guess where the company headquarters are for this place?.....California." :scratch :doh :no