Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

All things Corona and COVID-19

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by threeinchshell, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Steelshot Scott

Steelshot Scott Elite Refuge Member

Wow.

And that is why debate doesn't work with people that move the goal posts.

I did not know a virus could be so PC.

Ratdaddy and JuvieCoot like this.
  2. Steve Borgwald

Steve Borgwald Elite Refuge Member

What goal posts? You said there were models that said protestors don't spread Covid and I found two links that support that. Lol!

3. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator

Do you take everything literally? :l:l:l

Ratdaddy and JuvieCoot like this.
  4. JuvieCoot

JuvieCoot Elite Refuge Member

Media hogwash. GTFO OUT OF HERE you are a brainwashed liberal

widgeon likes this.
  5. thatguy2

thatguy2 Elite Refuge Member

Well I regained a small amount. 15 decibels in the lower frequencies and my word recognition on the dead side went from 32% to 44%. Audiologist said BiCROS is really the only option for me right now. Basically uses a microphone on the bad side to transmit to the good side so you know when someone is talking over there. Big $$$$. I dont think I want to do it. ENT suggests coming back in 6 months for another test and maybe I will get back in to a range where a standard hearing aid would suffice.

6. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

Stand next to some idiot in a pit shooting a 24-26 inch ported barrel all season.....that'll get you there. :yes

Ruination likes this.
  7. J.Bennett

J.Bennett Elite Refuge Member

Again, I fail to see how recognizing that this is different than the common cold/flu and taking precautions to protect myself and those around me from it amounts to drinking Kool-Aid and living scared... My business is located in the zip code that has the highest rates of infection in my county and the work that I do puts me in direct contact with dozens of sick people every day. I have not missed a single day of work since this thing started. Other than wearing a mask and using hand sanitizer a little more than normal, there has been zero change to my day to day life since this whole thing started. Trust me, I ain't livin scared.

8. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

So if you and I have not missed a day of work nor gotten sick, why in the world should all the people who have lost their jobs and businesses not be afforded the opportunity to do the same?

Don't use the "essential worker" deal.....that's just a non-starter for me. Every single person who works in this country is essential in my book.

9. thatguy2

thatguy2 Elite Refuge Member

I have to come up in hearing to get a normal hearing aid, not decrease.

10. Ruination

Ruination Elite Refuge Member

Mostly because we were unprepared, didn't know what we were dealing with, and we are stubborn Americans who refuse to inconvenience ourselves for others.

If we did it right the discussion would be over and we would be opening back up like Europe. Now we're just gonna roll with the punches, and since we went and forked it up, yea why not just do that the whole time?