Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

All things Corona and COVID-19

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by threeinchshell, Mar 19, 2020.

1. newduk

newduk Elite Refuge Member

Guy answers his phone. Its his Doctor. Doc says "I have some bad news and some REALLY bad news". Guy says, let me have the bad news. Doc says "your test results came back, you have 24 hrs to live". Guy says oh my, what is the REALLY bad news? Doc...."ahh, I forgot to call you yesterday".

widgeon likes this.
  2. fishnfool

fishnfool Elite Refuge Member

Can anyone explain the attachment some people have to hydroxychloroquine as a cure/treatment?

This whole pandemic has been a fascinating insight into our country's psyche....and I can generally understand some basis for the various reactions (regardless of whether I agree or not).

But the desperation to latch onto this drug and tout it as some miracle seems odd to me. I get that that some feel the need to think the opposite anything touted by the "experts", but the list of drugs the "experts" have tried and found to be ineffective against Covid has got to be pretty lengthy....why haven't the contrarions, patriots, and conspiracy believers latched on to any other drugs?

Are a few YouTube videos really that convinvincing?

3. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

It was the first treatment which appeared to show promise. Folks latched onto that hope, and there's been enough of a trickle of positives to keep it alive. It's kind of like the first expert statements stating masks are ineffective along with Al Gore's original claims global warming would kill us all in ten years (or whatever they were).

4. JuvieCoot

JuvieCoot Elite Refuge Member

Where is the internet’s inventor these days by the way

JP likes this.
  5. bill cooksey

Thankfully he mostly disappeared from the public. Had he never gotten involved in the climate discussion we might be in a better place right now.

Worth noting, a past member and moderator here punched Gore in the nose when they were kids.

JuvieCoot and riverrat47 like this.
  6. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

It didn’t help the article “debunking” this drug had to be retracted after flaws in both it and the principal author surfaced.

7. perfmarine

perfmarine Elite Refuge Member

The Henry Ford study pretty much shows it does work and definitely help prevent death but it must be taken early if someone's already dying from it it's not going to help nothing will I believe it works better as a preventative than a cure because of the fact from what I've read not a single lupus patient has contracted the covid and they are on hydroxychloroquine constantly. I believe the negative hype against it is the fact that it's a $20 drug the pharmaceutical Lobby and Democrats cannot stand that being used to treat covid just follow the money and that is sick. You realizing many other countries you can buy it over the counter

8. bill cooksey

Were I in a high risk group I would at least be talking to my doctor about it.

perfmarine likes this.
  9. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

What are you doing that makes people spit on you?

10. Hodagger

Hodagger Senior Refuge Member

widgeon likes this.