Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

All things Corona and COVID-19

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by threeinchshell, Mar 19, 2020.

1. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Reprehensible, and I say that assuming there is a local mask mandate rather than a rule within that particular restaurant. I'm not supportive of mask mandates, but it's idiotic to blame restaurant employees. We have a mandate here, and I wear one properly to avoid putting employees in a bad position.

Now, if it is just a rule in that restaurant, I wouldn't have gone in in the first place if there was a maskless option within a reasonable distance.

2. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

x2. Maybe it must be some kind of impulsive twisted catharsis, but I’ve never understood the point in taking it out on the lowest rung of the power ladder. These aren’t the folks that make the changes. With today’s corporate structure even most managers and district managers are pretty hamstrung with what they can and can’t do. Far as I’m concerned just speak with your wallet and leave it at that, save for egregious mishandling of the service experience.

Ducker 4 Ever and jjgoose like this.
  3. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

One of the things I learned from girlfriends who waited tables during college, is treat the wait staff nice and tip well. It's not their fault if the yellows are broken on you OE eggs, or the toast is burnt. They can't help it if the rare steak is well-done, or took too long. They can't control the kitchen. Now, if I'm sitting there with an empty coffee cup, and they aren't swamped, THAT will affect my tip.

4. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Dumping on people we perceive to be lower in social class is the American way

Ducker 4 Ever likes this.
  5. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

if I have a bad day I’ll whoop on the dog, ol lady or kids. But I’m way too polite to subject the outside world to that.

6. bird junkie

bird junkie Elite Refuge Member

I think the people that would do this (if real) are a very small percentage. I know of no one who would blame wait staff on mask usage.

riverrat47, pintail2222 and jjgoose like this.
  7. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

They are called Karen's and the country is full of them.

TheDuckSlayer likes this.
  8. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Oh ya - like it's this one waitresses call weather the Restaurant mandates that their employees wear masks or not.... :doh

What a prick.

9. Bottomland hunter

Bottomland hunter Senior Refuge Member

I’ll tell you about Data ! Most of its skewed! Many places have been caught lying. Many States have been caught cooking up false numbers . Most people I know that got it said had it not been for the possibility of having Covid they would have never went and got tested or slowed down . Their symptoms was achy shoulders or back 100.5 fever . Then there’s many that are floored with flu like symptoms with a secondary infection like pneumonia . It’s very real , but life can not stop because of it . The fighting doesn’t stop when some go down on the battlefield . The fight must continue and our Fight includes the Economy we got to keep it rolling ! Do I think politicians are politicalizing it ? Yes ! Do I think they are trying to put fear in people ? Yes !

10. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Now instead of exaggerating the figures they are culling them back. I’ve got a dying brother in law and he just got very sick while in ICU.

I asked my wife if he was sick from the COVID and she said they won’t check him for it.

He’s dying and not expected to last several more days and that’s why he was in ICU so they are letting whatever is going to kill him just do it’s thing. They sent him home to get him away from all the hospital crap.

Think about that...more dangerous to be in the hospital ICU then at home with a distraught wife and no medical support.

He has plenty of medical insurance so it’s not as if it was a lack of funds.

They are wanting to show a reduction in COVID cases.