Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

All things Corona and COVID-19

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by threeinchshell, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

They know that. :yes

Now ask them how long the immunity from the vaccine lasts. :l :l

2. da grouch

da grouch Refuge Member

I predict this...to get kids back in school or otherwise get back to work on a state/fed job you will have to have a jab in the arm. I despise it and thank those looking over me to provide a pen whipped signature if needed( in blue ink of course) we are living in the bazzoro world that has consumed us, I want out! :bow

3. J.Bennett

J.Bennett Elite Refuge Member

Thank you for proving my point...

So early on in this thing only the guy with the symptoms would have been tested and counted as a “case” and the infection rate for your group would have been 25%. The fact that everyone got tested (like everyone is nowadays) gives you the true infection rate of 75% (at least within your little group)...
    There is no extrapolation involved, nor is it necessary. We’ve administered 452 million tests (most of which have been administered to folks who don’t have any symptoms who just had to get a test for one of the reasons that I previously mentioned) and have identified 33.2 million individual cases out of the 330 million that make up our population. In other words, 10% of our population is or has been infected. Antibody studies are suggesting that this number is fairly accurate. Is it exactly right? Absolutely not because perfect information is seldom available. Is it close, like within a couple of percent? Almost definitely.

Sam Ortmann likes this.
  4. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

You have ZERO idea how many people have been infected. If you do, call it and let's do the math.

And your test data is complete bullchit....I've been tested 17 times. Again, you have no idea how many people have been infected.

You don't even know how many people have been tested since there are so many multiples.....which you ALSO have no idea what the number is. :l

You're doing Chokemath. :l

Last edited: May 5, 2021 at 12:56 AM
  5. J.Bennett

The fact that you don’t understand it does not make it bullchit. Do you honestly believe that a significant proportion of those 452 million tests consist of people like you who have been tested 17 times or do you think that you might be in a slightly unique situation? Do you think the fact that 452 million tests might reduce the impact that a handful of edge cases involving people that have been tested 17 times might have on the overall numbers? Why do the antibody studies generally agree with the detected rates?

Math is hard.

6. Feathers

Feathers Senior Refuge Member

‘10% of our population is or has been infected.’

Pretty significant difference in those two words in this case.

If 10% has been infected during testing and that has been going for the last year plus how many Americans are we up to that have been infected? I’ll leave this one up for the math wizard Mr chokes to solve.

7. J.Bennett

452 million tests administered to a population of 330 million is a fraction of the data?

8. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

How many individuals have been tested?

Just the number will be fine

You got it right, math is hard. :l

Hint: In my building of 64 people we have well over 700 tests. But all I'm asking is how many individuals in our country have been tested?

I'll wait. :l

Yes, math is hard.

9. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

The truth is....math is not hard...all the way to linear algebra...but it doesn't mean chit if you can't provide correct numbers.

You have NONE.

10. bbfky

bbfky Elite Refuge Member

My wife works on the front line in healthcare as part of her job she has to be tested monthly and has for months regardless of whether she feels fine or sick it's just part of the job it's crazy. She's had the vaccine since December and is still required to get tested There are a couple hundred DRs that have to follow the same protocol It adds up