Alright....

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by num70, Oct 7, 2019.

1. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

For lack of a better word. Apparently You Tube is knocking Next News Network off of preferred playlists they were on, unsubscribing some people, etc. general game playing BS to screw up their channel.

2. WidgeonmanGH

WidgeonmanGH Elite Refuge Member

Trump has used Twitter in an unprecedented way. Instead of having statements go out to the press for them to characterize them, misquote them, hold them, time them for their agenda etc. He says what he wants when he wants and just the way he wants to say it. He says it with the bragadocio that is inherently a part of his personality and always has been.

Yep - letting Republican's know that there are limits

Great and unmatched wisdom is a wise crack and it is funny. People say things like it is below the dignity of the office, except that Trump understands there is no dignity in the office to be below. We have had presidents that sound good, say one thing and do another. etc. Trump is WYSIWYG.

What is off limits is exactly the nebulas and blurry line he wants to draw for Turkey. He wants them to very carefully consider how they operate knowing that he can impact them even if he is not willing to step in militarily.

Again refers to the sanctions that were put on Turkey. August 2018.
    And we look at it and say big deal, but it cost their country millions maybe even billions of dollars. Not the common folk but the big rich guys who are actually running the show.

He is also keeping his promise to start getting us out of endless war. GOOD!
    Crocodile tears for the Kurds who have been fighting the Turks for centuries. They helped us but their help was limited by the conditions THEY set, and I suspect when it came time to negotiate the peace, they weren't interested. We helped them will millions in weapons etc. Time for us to let them deal with it. Time for us to get out of these quagmires in the ME and return to the non interventionist foreign policy.

Political tables mean nothing, watch what they actually do.

KENNEDY63 likes this.
  3. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Didn't Clinton - who I voted for in '92 & '96 - have David Koresch and the Branch Dividians attacked by Federal Law Enforcement Officers? Didn't Clinton send 7,000 ground troops to Kosovo - and bombed the bejesus out of Serbia in the name of NATO? And didn't Clinton increase top income tax rates and increase the corporate tax rate?

Oh ya - and that one time - right after it was announced that he was having an affair with an intern - he bombed a baby formula factory in Iraq....

He was lucky to have the birth of the internet happen during his two terms... But why he ever wanted to bite the hand that feeds and try to go after Microsoft for anti-trust violations? The company and the industry was still pretty much in its infancy...

4. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Most of the major social media outlets are "discouraging" any sort of conservative views...

As an example, I watch Ben Shapiro, and the algorithm used to prompt his videos for me... Every day, I would get a list of the new videos from people I subscribed to. Currently that does not happen, and a bit of searching is involved with major networks being prompted instead.

Furthermore, conservatives are having their videos removed or demonetized if felt that the viewpoint is too "right-leaning." Many are getting outright banned for doing such things as referring to a biological female as "she," or "her" if she is transitioning to a boy.

Lindsay Shepherd was outright banned for a period for calling out a transgendered person as a pedophile (for doing such things as having a topless swimsuit modeling party for young teens/tweens)... She was reinstated due to overwhelming inappropriate behavior by the person she was calling out, and now neither are banned.

Other issues are supposedly happening such as people that tend to watch more liberal based videos or non-political videos get a reminder to vote, whereas more conservative viewers do not get such prompts.

Look up Tim Pool and watch a few of his videos on the subject... The guy is very politically liberal, but has picked up the social media torch for free and equal speech.

10GAGENUT likes this.
  5. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

I personally know several folks bounced from FB for making conservative oriented posts. Seriously, does anybody have evidence of anyone on FB vacation for espousing liberal views?

6. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Several Internet personalities have shared such.

Apparently Facebook is the least worst... But subject matter such as: guns, mis-gendering (or refusing to acknowledge gender fluidity), racial humor, making statements such as "there is no gender pay gap," can get you a time out, or even banned from multiple social outlets (depending on the content and context)... One of Dennis Prager's videos was removed, for apparently using the word "murder" and "Jews" together in one of his holocaust videos... Prager is completely milktoast as far as I can tell???

Heck, James Damore was fired from Google for posting a science based paper on why there were more men than women working at Google, and what Google could do to change that... Even after a neuro-scientist came out and stated that his posting was absolutely scientifically accurate and spot on....

And remember, there is nowhere to fight back or complain about posts being deleted or for being banned, or demonetized. There is no recourse and no way for people to defend themselves. Show me an email or contact number for: Google, Facebook, Twitter, or Youtube???

API likes this.
  7. grahler

grahler Senior Refuge Member

We are in a place we have never been before technology wise and ‘group think’ wise on social media/internet.
    Censorship is becoming more and more normalized and it is so much easier because of groupthink.
    You control what people think like dislike etc
    They all dislike a certain idea or belief system because it contradicts their own. They are happy when it’s censored. They celebrate diminishing freedom.
    We are at a place in history where the manipulation of people’s beliefs and thoughts is easier than ever, and I honestly believe people are getting dumber not smarter (the majority of people at least)
    So easy for a majority to be turned to think removing their own freedoms is in their best interests.
    Imo we are moving backwards at a rapid pace.
    This new technology over the past 25 years or so has forever changed mankind.
    People have ten times the knowledge but 1/10 the processing power because of this.
    People’s critical thinking is at a dangerously low level.
    With new technology the only thing that becomes a problem is lack of access to Google because it solves everything.

10GAGENUT and API like this.
  8. API

Yup, subjective style and feelings have pretty much replaced objective rational thought.

9. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

I would argue there is no censorship at all. In the old days a handfull of media companies filtered everything we heard and saw. (Walter Cronkite) Now, nothing is filtered. I stole this comment from elsewhere but I think he nails it, especially the last paragraph.

All symptoms of the social media-induced sickness has a name: ochlocracy. It went viral. It turned populism into the language of politics, and made the Twitter-mob the distinguishing feature of the Disinformation Age. Facebook and Instagram and Twitter removed any elite intermediary subject to regulation, civic responsibility or human goddam decency - publishing companies, newspapers (subject to libel laws), even social conventions related to cultural communication were replaced by everyone's anonymous id. Everyone became a shock jock at their own pirate radio station RTLM. It's like 7 billion human voices were all given megaphones, started speaking in memes & mean Tweets, calling each other names...

Unsurprisingly, that means a resurgence of every form of national, racial, ethnic and religious bigotry that has ever plagued mankind. Class warfare, etc. The populist social media 'press' drives those who think in memes to the political extremes of alterity (reactionary movements: here in AmericAll symptoms of the social media-induced sickness that is plaguing mankind (also undermining liberal democracy everywhere on Earth). Thaa we get Trumpism on the alt-right & Bernie Sanders on the alt-left; Germany has the AfD and the rising Greens; Spain had the Great Catalonia Cyber-war of 2017, and Vox as a legacy; Britain went with Brexit; Brazil got Bolsonaro; India got Modi & Beef Lynchings; Myanmar got a Facebook-organized genocide; etc.).

In a little over a decade, social media struck 7 billion people on Earth with a paradigm shift in human communication. The Third Mind-Step. We're still reeling from it. We can barely understand it... I hope we survive it...

Michael likes this.
  10. API

Thanks for the new (to me) word.

Ochlocracy or mob rule is the rule of government by mob or a mass of people, or, the intimidation of legitimate authorities. As a pejorative for majoritarianism, it is akin to the Latin phrase mobile vulgus, meaning "the fickle crowd", from which the English term "mob" originally was derived in the 1680s.