Alumahyde?

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Fowler267, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

Just received a few cans... I plan to lay a base coat down then add contrast with regular paint then cover with the clear..

Anyone have issues with the nozzles getting stopped up?

2. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

Yea, they do stop up. Stuff is thick. Shake it up REALLY well. I tend to forget this.

Nozzles are also a different size than some regular spray paints, so you can't switch em out. You CAN find just nozzles on the web, but again, getting the right size is hard.

I just touched up my Baikal. Old can wouldn't spray. Soaked the nozzle in carb cleaner, and it opened up.

Fowler267 likes this.
  3. Native NV Ducker

IF you can remember, do the carb cleaner on the nozzle when you are done, or even if you are switching cans, and the first one is gonna sit for a few. Make sure you wipe off the front hole. That is where it builds up and clogs. Use the little red tube they give you and stick it in the nozzle to totally clean it. EASY if you do this every time.

This is GREAT advice, that I can never remember to follow.

Fowler267 likes this.
  4. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

Brownells used to offer packs of nozzles just for it, that you could order cheap.

Fowler267 likes this.
  5. Native NV Ducker

Yes they did. I had some, but danged if I can remember where I put them.

I forgot to mention, do the 'spray upside down until clear' thing also. That clears the throat of the can, where the nozzle inserts.

These are all the things we know to do on spray cans, but most spray paint is so thin, it doesn't matter. With this stuff, it does.

6. ronaldo

ronaldo Senior Refuge Member

They still sell the nozzles by the dozen. Fairly inexpensive if I remember right.

Fowler267 likes this.
  7. oleww

oleww Elite Refuge Member

Brownells Guntechs recommend use of 084-179-004 All Purpose Clean Out Nozzle prior to attempting to spray this product.

Fowler267 likes this.