Ammo....

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Flyway Forum' started by woodiefanatic, Mar 15, 2021.

1. 1duckmaster

1duckmaster Elite Refuge Member

Found some for you. Per box on cheaper than dirt. They are insane or there web site doesn't work.

Screenshot_20210320-214004_Chrome.jpg

2. pointblind

pointblind Elite Refuge Member

Wait... thats not the case price. JFC

Bclick, oleww and GK1 like this.
  3. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

You guys have me buying two boxes of shells every time I start my truck
    Thanks.
    I'm up to 35 boxes.
    16163247034478168454055809081600.jpg

4. duckyoda

duckyoda Elite Refuge Member

I sure do pity people looking for ammo. I saw two older women, in camo, in the local Scheels, looking at the meager selection of shotgun ammo, looking for turkey loads. There were a few boxes, but I am not sure it was what they were looking for. They had pretty hopeless looks on their faces.

I saw this coming, but I even have to admit, I didn't think it would be this bad. I think I have enough to get through the Biden Admin panic, but I sure am glad I hand load shotgun, pistol, and rifle ammo. I haven't bought factory ammo, for rifles, and pistols, in years, but I did buy some Winchester turkey ammo, that shoots particularly well in my Maxus, rather than hauling my Gold 10 ga around, with my tungsten hand loads. I do have a decent supply of the Win turkey ammo, but if I run out of that, it is back to the Gold 10, and handloads.

I saw a Scheels person wheeling a pallet of Hornady Reloading presses out on to the floor. He said they will be gone in a day or two...Not sure where the new hand loaders are going to find powder, primers, and other components? I have been hunting for powder, and it is like winning the lottery when it is found. I did stumble into Scheels one day, and they had a pile of Western Powders. The only one I use, is Tac, for bulk 5.56 NATO, and 7.62 NATO, so I bought 2 lbs, and smiled all the way home. I might have to fire up the progressive to top off the ammo pile for my modern sporting rifles. ;)

Usually on the weekends, around the neighborhood, I hear several neighbors shooting pistols and rifles. Last weekend, only one neighbor was shooting a handgun, and it sure was a slow fire of a few rounds. Maybe a couple of double taps, and then a mag or two of very controlled slow shots. I wonder what they think when I burn through a few hundred rounds, in various pistols, knocking down targets on the plate rack. :dv

I sure am glad I stocked up in the good old Trump days.

Duck Yoda of the Big Lake Billy Blasters Assoc.

5. woodiefanatic

woodiefanatic Elite Refuge Member

I managed to strangle up a case of target loads but man I never though I wouldn’t be able to buy reasonably priced trap loads. The summers of shooting 4-5 cases are probably not gonna happen this year

6. duckyoda

duckyoda Elite Refuge Member

I have to go down to the local trap club, and pay my yearly membership, and shoot my "Bank" score, one of these days, and I am interested in what they have for loaded ammo, and reloading supplies. Those Rubbermaids full of once fired 12 ga. Win AA-HS hulls are looking pretty good right now. Last year, I had this nagging feeling I should lay in an extra few bags shot, and wads, and an extra brick or two of primers...Sure glad I acted on that nagging feeling.

Duck Yoda of the Big Lake Billy Blasters Assoc.

7. oleww

oleww Elite Refuge Member

Id hate to be the new hunters looking for turkey loads the week before the season. Seasoned hunters ought to have turkey ammo.

I just answered a local ad for someone looking for turkey loads. I’m going to guilt him into giving me some wild turkey.

8. 1duckmaster

1duckmaster Elite Refuge Member

9. pointblind

pointblind Elite Refuge Member

oleww likes this.
  10. noweil

noweil Elite Refuge Member

The good old days, Walmart February 13, 2020. The shells on the counter were on clearance for $2.50/box. 20200213_173211.jpg