Another page is turned

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like my book of duck hunting is not ready for an ending.

My home ground has switched many times. Yesterday, I checked out some property in Southern Illinios that looks like it will be my new home/club....another chapter.

It's been many years since I hunted private ground and, my God, how I love public hunting. But it looks like I'll switch up again. I fell into a great spot, and I'm not getting any younger, so the ease of it is appealing.

This season, I'm back to hunting private....and moving closer to SouthEast Mo.....where it all started for me 54 seasons ago. I bet I end up right back there before I'm done.

Man, that would be the deal. :yes

This season....I'm gonna finally kill a duck. I can feel it. :tu

Last edited:

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good deal you've got going on over there. You'll be missed over here on the west side.

With you gone, now maybe I'll kick a duck. :l

I'm gonna miss hunting over there. But time, and circumstances, changes everything. The only constant in my life is being in a blind when the birds come. If you are willing, my friend, you will be welcome to come hunt some new ground....no invitation needed. :tu

Just call it.

stevena198301

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I’ve hunted quite a bit in S IL. Where ya gonna be Grif? Me and Mikey may come say hey one day when we are hunting public up your way.

widgeon

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Sounds nice!

DHC

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
It looks like my book of duck hunting is not ready for an ending.

My home ground has switched many times. Yesterday, I checked out some property in Southern Illinios that looks like it will be my new home/club....another chapter.

It's been many years since I hunted private ground and, my God, how I love public hunting. But it looks like I'll switch up again. I fell into a great spot, and I'm not getting any younger, so the ease of it is appealing.

This season, I'm back to hunting private....and moving closer to SouthEast Mo.....where it all started for me 54 seasons ago. I bet I end up right back there before I'm done.

Man, that would be the deal. :yes

This season....I'm gonna finally kill a duck. I can feel it. :tu
That’s just up the road from northeast Arkansas… just saying…