Another SCOTUS decision that needs to be fixed...

pintail2222

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
How about Citizens United vs. FEC? Who loves a good Super Pac commercial or two or two thousand.
How’d that Citizens United decision back in 2010 work out for Mittens in 2012? Didn’t Trump spend around 1/2 of what Hillary spent in 2016?

So you are suggesting that the Lincoln Pedophile Project shouldn’t have a voice?

Last edited:

Lip Shooter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
You can plant crops again on top of the keystone pipeline. It’s 36” in diameter and buried 6’ down. Soil structure is key along with microbial population re-establishing itself.

I view that differently than the situation sited in the OP.

Just because you would not mind a foreign company digging up your property and pumping oil through your property doesn't mean everyone wouldn't mind. I am just a believer in property rights as in your property your decision.

I still remember hunting in woodbury and the farmer hated his field where they put in the pipeline, way more rocks came up in the spring there we helped him pick rock, and the top soil did not produce corn like where it was not dug up.

pintail2222

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Just because you would not mind a foreign company digging up your property and pumping oil through your property doesn't mean everyone wouldn't mind. I am just a believer in property rights as in your property your decision.

I still remember hunting in woodbury and the farmer hated his field where they put in the pipeline, way more rocks came up in the spring there we helped him pick rock, and the top soil did not produce corn like where it was not dug up.
Many rotate and put down soybeans right afterwards to build up the microbes.

If anybody wants to put a 32” pipe under my land up in NoDak I wouldn’t mind. Sounds like most don’t.

“In Montana and South Dakota, 99% of the landowners agreed to right of way agreements to allow TC Energy to build, operate and maintain the pipeline, which will be buried 4 feet deep.”

Lip Shooter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Many rotate and put down soybeans right afterwards to build up the microbes.

If anybody wants to put a 32” pipe under my land up in NoDak I wouldn’t mind. Sounds like most don’t.

“In Montana and South Dakota, 99% of the landowners agreed to right of way agreements to allow TC Energy to build, operate and maintain the pipeline, which will be buried 4 feet deep.”

Tell me about the laws passed in Montana and soDak saying eminent domain is approved by law to take land for the pipeline. So yep 99% of people saw the writing on the wall. I mean why pass that legislation if so many wanted it.

It awesome how you were able to sneak in that part about owning land in NoDak. LMAO. Hey look at me guys.

pintail2222

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Tell me about the laws passed in Montana and soDak saying eminent domain is approved by law to take land for the pipeline. So yep 99% of people saw the writing on the wall. I mean why pass that legislation if so many wanted it.

It awesome how you were able to sneak in that part about owning land in NoDak. LMAO. Hey look at me guys.
The land isn’t being “taken”. An easement is going in beneath the surface of the land.

The landowners name is still on the deed as title holder and property owner.

hunting1

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
approved by law to take land
Not imminent domain. Might look at easements as shared use with ownership still retain by the landowner. A form of renting in a way. Most landowners are paid for it and usually it's an individual negotiaton with each landowner. Sometimes it's a one time fee, sometimes it's a yearly fee. :doh

Lip Shooter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The land isn’t being “taken”. An easement is going in beneath the surface of the land.

The landowners name is still on the deed as title holder and property owner.
Oh I thought they had a easement to the property in case they needed to work on the pipeline later on in the future.

Like the land owners had a clear title then they ended up with easement on it.

I had no idea they left the land owners with a 100% clean title with no one else being able to access their land without permission. I will have to check out and see if what you are saying is factual. I just thought the landowners ended up with a different type of title (deeded easment) on the pipeline land.

Lip Shooter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Not imminent domain. Might look at easements as shared use with ownership still retain by the landowner. A form of renting in a way. Most landowners are paid for it and usually it's an individual negotiaton with each landowner. Sometimes it's a one time fee, sometimes it's a yearly fee. :doh
That is what I thought but pinny has me checking some of his claims.

tripper

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's an easement across the corner of my yard for a sewer line. That mans the city can work on the line if it has a problem. But it's still my land and it's still deeded to me. I can sell it if I want to.