Another SCOTUS decision that needs to be fixed...

Lip Shooter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Ahh… so you’re OK with the government using eminent domain to create a ROW on your property, for a private company to make money off of, but you’re not OK with the government using eminent domain to create a ROW on your property, for a private company to make money off of. I think I got it.
Well the part missing is when people develop property, they happily give away and sign these ROW and they are not forced by court orders, laws or lawsuits.

Lip Shooter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Eff that jive. I’m 40 and have enough metal in me! LOL
Our little private track opened up Sunday, and the people were laugh at me so hard, they could hear me screaming Yahoo in the air!!!! And I was like 100 yards away from them on the larger table. No doubles all old man tables, longest is 65-70. I am dang near 60 and this is going to end badly, but worth it.

stevena198301

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Well the part missing is when people develop property, they happily give away and sign these ROW and they are not forced by court orders, laws or lawsuits.
They “happily sign it away”, or what?

Steelshot Scott

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I don't care about trump on this the environment BS, the what ever rail cars etc., the dems the what ever else.

You are fine with a foreign private comp[any being granted access and easement to US private citizens land. I am not no matter the spin you want to put on it to justify it. But you just sound like a inner city democrat whos out to help everyone.

If a person owns the land they should have say and control over it in my opinion, if you don't believe that it is cool.
Yes, I am okay with a company putting a pipeline underground to bring me $1.75 gas.

Almost every landowner was okay with it too. They all got paid for something that would disappear underground and be invisible. The only people that I know that complained was a indian reservation that said the pipeline passed nearby to them and they wanted it stopped. Not on their land, near their land.

Another non issue.

Lip Shooter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
They “happily sign it away”, or what?
Yes the developer happily sign away their rights on that section the property:

Here is one I filed and gave to city for no money:

That for and in consideration of and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, the Property Owners has this day bargained and transferred unto the City its successors and assigns the following:

A perpetual easement for public drainage and utility purposes with the right to enter upon the real estate over and 5 feet on either side of the Property visually depicted by dashed lines on Exhibit A attached hereto and here after described at any time the City may see fit, and construct, maintain, and repair any lines, equipment, materials, or other items for municipal drainage and utility purpose, for the purpose of maintaining, repairing or replacing the said public facilities, and municipal drainage and utilities over, across, through and under the lands hereinafter described, together with the right to excavate and refill ditches and/or trenches for the location of said public drainage and utilities and related facilities, and the further right to remove trees, bushes, undergrowth, and other obstructions interfering in the location construction and maintenance of said public drainage and utilities. Public storm water may be conveyed over and within the easement.

Lip Shooter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

Lip Shooter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

API

PAF-CA Flyway
Reaction score
Control over your land.
I'd say this issue falls under the concept of eminent domain. This is not a brand new idea. The Fifth Amendment provides that the government may only exercise this power if they provide just compensation to the property owners. Eminent domain is the power of the United States government, states, and municipalities to take private property for public use, following the payment of just compensation. This is a practice that occurs in many different countries under different names and is not only a concept in the United States. It may not seem fair to the owners of the property, and eminent domain cases, especially when the owner feels they are not justly compensated, are fairly common.

Latest posts