Washington Flyway Forum Sponsors

Any Exclusive 2 & 3/4 Shooters On Here?

Discussion in 'Washington Flyway Forum' started by Green Duck Truck, Jul 12, 2020.

1. duckrogers

duckrogers Senior Refuge Member

Confirmed. The new bismuth shells marketed in the last few years are a game changer. Almost as good as lead and only 4 times the price of steel shells instead of 10 times. I shot Hevishot hevi bismuth exclusively chukar hunting last year and it performed well. I am still using up my existing supply of $0.30/shell steel duck hunting, but I may switch to $1.30/shell bismuth for ducks as well as chukar when I run out of steel.

ps, Avoid the Kent bismuth shells. I pattern tested these extensively and found they have an engineering design flaw which causes wildly erratic pattern percentages.

2. NWRINGNECK

NWRINGNECK Elite Refuge Member

SaltD/Dave..I was about to order some but their site makes reference to a new "hot" primer for 2020 and the 2019 load wasn't available to order. I sent an email asking some questions about the new primer/load specs but thought maybe you might have that info? What changed? Why the change ?

Anyone have experience with their 20 ga stuff? Also mentioned is 16 and 28 ga stuff but nothing on their site? Maybe limited quantity or out of stock? Maybe my email will answer my questions.

3. camano gibby

camano gibby Elite Refuge Member

To piggyback on NWR's question: on the Boss website it says you should "choke down" when using their ammo......mod is as open as recommended, imp/mod and full are the go to chokes.
    Was wondering what chokes that previous users like?

4. All Day

All Day Elite Refuge Member

I only use 3 1/2 loads. I think they give me the best chance at a clean kill with the high payloads. I need all the help I can get some days.

5. All Day

All Day Elite Refuge Member

I use cylinder bore with 3 1/2 inch #2 shot, shells. Improved cylinder with BB shot.

6. Green Duck Truck

Green Duck Truck Washington State Moderator Moderator

Just for fun, I bought a case of BOSS 2 3/4 4’s to try this season. A little spendy compared to regular steel, but way less than tungsten. After being impressed with Hevi-Bismuth out of my .410 last year, I thought I’d give these a go. :tu

All Day likes this.
  7. NWRINGNECK

NWRINGNECK Elite Refuge Member

So GDT was there any info with them about the new "hotter" primer and its need?

8. Green Duck Truck

Green Duck Truck Washington State Moderator Moderator

Nothing!

9. saltdux

saltdux Elite Refuge Member

We shot a variety of the Boss 20ga and 12 ga loads last season and were impressed w/ patterns and field performance from all. Choked w/ LM, M and LF out of the 12 ga Rem , Franchi and Benelli... LM or Mod w/ 20ga. (disclaimer...prefer tight, dense patterns- as better to miss than crip)

Green Duck Truck likes this.
  10. saltdux

saltdux Elite Refuge Member

Brad- They're a smaller American Company that prides themselves on personal customer service. Call them and they'll answer the phone and your questions. Been impressed w/ all of their shells that we've demo's in both the patterning board and field. Shipped direct, no middle man... and no, we're not sponsored by them, just impressed.

Dr Swane and Green Duck Truck like this.