Any Goals for This Hunting Season?

Green Duck Truck

Washington State Moderator
Reaction score
For me, I'd love to see the following happen:

1) Get the pup (Roxy) her first few retrieves. She's a little on the young side, but I think by the back half of the season she should be able to get a few birds under her belt.
Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 2.08.45 PM.png

2) Still hoping to get this marked off my list.
free-like-a-bird-white-fronted-goose-anser-albifrons-wonderfulearth.jpg

3) I'd like to reach my minimum of 40 days in the field chasing birds again. My high of 65 days from 10 years ago is not realistic at this point, but 40 is till a reasonable goal for me.
OIP.jpg

4) It's been a few years since I've gotten a band. I'm stuck somewhere in the mid-50s (I'll need to look it up). It would be fun to break the slump on jewelry.
banded-duck-b30a9bd68bef1141.jpg

5) I hope to get a bunch of hunts in my AquaPod. Now that it has a blind and is nicely grassed up, I hope to have even more hunts out of it.
2B219419-EA9E-4892-A5C5-0CC1C04C65E6_1_201_a.jpeg

How about you? What are you hopeful for in the coming season?

NWRINGNECK

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope to get out this season. I've missed the last 3. Just lost interest I guess. I get sort of excited about now but I really don't like to hunt brown birds so I usually don't go until mid November. The last three years my interest has waned by November. We'll see.

HaydenHunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My Daisy will be our only dog this year because my partner’s dog is retired. So she needs to step it up and I hope she does.

I’ve pretty much lost my summer working on a flip house project so I want to get a lot of days into waterfowling this year to compensate.

Got bit by the spring snow goose bug last year so I would like to make a return trip to SD and improve my lodging game (slept in the back of the truck last year).

Sunklands

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Merciless killing, empty hulls amidst feathers and chipped, faded paint decoys. Blood froze to my barrel. The rank smell of the mud in a cypress brake. Brown jersey gloves, with the fingers cut out of them.

BD1

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Just to get out more with my boy. Life has a way of getting in the way if you let it. Trying to reset priorities. Great feeling to know I can hunt with my best friend and son (one in the same) and need to capitalize on that...priorities recalculating as we speak!!!!

WidgeonmanGH

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My goals are not overly complicated.

Unrelated to ducks I would really like to finally get an elk. Had a 50 yard shot on a 6x6 last year and got screwed over by a twig! (then my son shoulderbladed it(), But we will be headed back this year and hope to put something in the freezer.

15 hunts for ducks. Hoping that another La Nina year doesn't push all to birds off the salt and onto flooded grass further down the flyway,

Latest posts