Any Goals for This Hunting Season?

Billy Bob

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
First goal is to be able to get out with friends and get my dog some work. Have an appointment to have an MRI next week. Anything beyond dog work depends on what is found. It's killing me thinking about her not getting much work. Her last retrieve last season was a blind retrieve 50+ yards back in floating mats of cattails finding a winged hen mallard some kids had shot hours before and had a very vague mark. The kids smiles were pure gold and motivation to go even if I can't shoot.

H20OTTER

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Simply getting a hunt or 2 in would be nice.

Mean Gene

Reaction score
I've missed most of the local duck hunting the last two years due to me taking work assignments. Won't have that issue this year and I intend on putting a hurt on the birds with the scull boat before everything freezes up. Have a swan tag to fill as well. My daughter is flying out to hunt geese with me for a week, and I'm really looking forward to that.

wingmatt

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Get my 10 year lab as many retrieves as he can handle. Retirement is near for him.
I can relate. My lab will be 11 in November. With my health and her age, it may be our last duck season ....

dwhauss

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Enjoy my first season in a new area. Finding out what freshwater mallards taste like, getting some oar time in the skull boat in a non-tidal area. Take a deer and possibly an elk if things go well. Most of all enjoy life.

Latest posts