Any good ones yet?

creedsduckman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Nice they will be monsters next year, did you name them like all the cool kidz do?

I figure to take out the family group in my picture with dad's old 1898 32-20 Marlin.....hopefully 15-20 yards is close enough.
You know it bro, that's Spotz and Hookz cuz with that rack imma make me two key hooks.

Also had a bunch of pics of a booner possum. It's a diverse environment.

bird junkie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Damn. You seen that one before?
Pretty sure this is him
71242766-5B8D-4E87-8C58-BC4A4BDB49C7.jpeg

creedsduckman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure this is him
View attachment 357761
Dang, that sucks. I saw a giant of a 8 last year laying in the beans one morning last year on my way hunting. It was the field right next to the farm I hunt, maybe a half mile from my closest stand. When they picked the beans a week or 2 later they left a small spot standing in the general area it was laying. A week or two after that I saw buzzards so I stopped and walked over there. It was a very big bodied headless deer, I'd guess 200lbs give or take. Looked like it died laying in the bed. I can only assume someone shot it at night and took the head and ran. Have no idea if it was the same deer but I did watch that one get up and leave that morning.

bird junkie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Dang, that sucks. I saw a giant of a 8 last year laying in the beans one morning last year on my way hunting. It was the field right next to the farm I hunt, maybe a half mile from my closest stand. When they picked the beans a week or 2 later they left a small spot standing in the general area it was laying. A week or two after that I saw buzzards so I stopped and walked over there. It was a very big bodied headless deer, I'd guess 200lbs give or take. Looked like it died laying in the bed. I can only assume someone shot it at night and took the head and ran. Have no idea if it was the same deer but I did watch that one get up and leave that morning.
Road shooters suck.

tripper

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen them get hit by car and run out in the field and die. Then somebody comes along, sees them and takes the head or rack.

Shirleyshusband

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
20220928_162850.jpg

Farm4wildlife

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Possible but this deer was obviously bedded when it died.

That's actually pretty common for roadkill.

They get pretty massive internal injuries, go a few hundred yards from the impact, then bed and die. Might take 18 hours, I have seen it a fair amount. They will be bedded and alert, but don't have the energy to move.