Any interest out there for a Catahoula Lake Blind on private property?

Discussion in 'Louisiana Flyway Forum' started by Tucan, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Manoduk

Manoduk Senior Refuge Member

Just as a reference point what yrs were the Good Old Days?

2. Manoduk

What year was Catahoula first recognized as a great duck habitat and hunting was allowed. Seems like I’ve heard stories all my life. Always wanted to hunt it just never did. Shame what is happening now. Hope it works out for you guys who hunt it. What are the issues that are being disputed. How many blinds/hunters utilize the lake. How big is it. I heard that some guys who hunt it want total control over it almost as if they own it. Is that what started the fighting. Just curious, I don’t have a dog in the hunt. Had a buddy who moved to Pineville several yrs ago built 3 blinds on it and they were distroyed each time. Claimed he was not encroaching on any other blind. Sounds like if it goes to private ownership a lot of money is to be made. Heard that Mineral Rights/oil are in the equation. Would be interesting to follow the money and in a few yrs see who has the hunting rights.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  3. JHerr

JHerr Elite Refuge Member

4. borntohunt

borntohunt Senior Refuge Member

Back then. 1965

5. Manoduk

Yep, they were pretty good in those “good ole days”. Seem to peak in mid 80’s and then trended down slowly until 2000 when the bottom fell out. IMO.