Any Iowa Waterfowlers out there?

Discussion in 'Iowa Flyway Forum' started by nobands, Feb 21, 2020.

1. brentbullets

brentbullets Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Didn't fish last Sunday Nobands, Heading out after wife gets off work for long weekend of course rain is in forecast again for the weekend. Grandsons are supposed to come out and have requested Bar S, youngest one who is 12 requested a thicker one. Man can those boys eat.

nobands likes this.
  2. PrairieBelle

PrairieBelle New Member

They still work because they are hooked up to a tile to the creek... I've found the outlets. barf.

riverrat47 and nobands like this.
  3. nobands

nobands Senior Refuge Member

Agree those need gone .
    The ones I referred to do have lateral fields . Done way before permits or inspections. And work well.
    Probably scare a person to know how many in some areas do drain to daylight .

4. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

Belle, having spent 25+ years doing small stream surveys, I ran into way too many of those, too. NASTY!!!
    I had an acquaintance, a science teacher, who KNEW his septic system was draining into a small creek. He was furious that his "nosy" downstream neighbors had complained and he had to rectify the mess.

nobands likes this.
  5. nobands

nobands Senior Refuge Member

Here every time a home is sold now the septic has to be inspected and brought up to present code . I don't believe all counties do that. If not they should.
    Curious did the the ones draining to creek have a tank or just a tile straight to it.
    Good news is I can do laterals and don't have to do mechanical or sand filter. I do have to pump it to the lateral field. Still thousands and thousands cheaper.
    And te best news is I ain't caught the covid and my mowing is done till next weekend.
    Bring on the weekend !!!

6. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

nobands, quite a few, especially in the 80's, were straight lined. We saw fewer of those as the years passed and inspections became more stringent.

nobands likes this.
  7. brentbullets

brentbullets Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Fishing has been a little tough for this time of year. Doing OK but not fantastic. The other 2 W’s are fine and the Bar S’s are always good.

nobands likes this.