Any Old Timers?

SteveB

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Urban (Mark) passed away a short while ago.

I hate to hear this. I met Mark at a DU banquet and he helped me out several times when I was really getting into duck hunting.

Rainmakr

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Holy cow, this place is still around. Haven't stopped by in probably 7 or 8 years.

Joe Hunter

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm an old timer or not but I feel like it some morning!

Shot my first duck in 1968 (I think) and me and my buddies shot our first geese near Salt Plains NWR on 11-27-70. Mine and my buddy's dad took us on the hunt, and we shot 10 Canada geese from a pit blind in a wheat field over ~2 dozen papier-mache' floaters.
Hunt, 1970-11-27.JPG

JP

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I would post pics of my first duck shot however, the camera had yet to be invented.

Iammichael6499

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Looks like the thread ran out of old-timers back in January. I‘ve only been posting to the forum for a few years but I’ve hunted OK for over 50 years. I come back most every year to chase a few ducks/geese (public water) and deer (on my parents homestead). My parents are getting close to 90 years young but I was still able to hunt deer with my dad last year. He cleanly missed a massive 10 point at 80 yards and because of that swore his deer hunting days were over. I predict he’ll forget what he said when the season rolls around again.

Reactions: JP

Close Shot

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Looks like the thread ran out of old-timers back in January. I‘ve only been posting to the forum for a few years but I’ve hunted OK for over 50 years. I come back most every year to chase a few ducks/geese (public water) and deer (on my parents homestead). My parents are getting close to 90 years young but I was still able to hunt deer with my dad last year. He cleanly missed a massive 10 point at 80 yards and because of that swore his deer hunting days were over. I predict he’ll forget what he said when the season rolls around again.
I am glad for you that your dad still goes. Just tell him it will be bigger this year.

Latest posts