Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Any players?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by waterrat, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Mort

Mort Elite Refuge Member

I bought a Ukulele after I retired thinking I might learn to play it....glad I didn't spend the extra money for a guitar.

callinfowl likes this.
  2. Honker Ace

Honker Ace Senior Refuge Member

Well, you are a southern degen from down country - guess I should have expected some manners.

Thinking of all the people I hunt with, not much musical talent at all with any of us, think one can play guitar some but that's about it. Bit different than the hunting groups you see on TV - granted, majority of those guys are already making careers in music and are brought in.

3. Little Ruddy

Little Ruddy Elite Refuge Member

Played trumpet all through middle and high school. Was told that I should of attended a college with musical degree, but never went. My son has taken the trumpet up in middle school and now is playing in the high school marching band using my trumpet. Sometimes, he will get to a hard part in a song, then I will play the trumpet and show him how its done. After 35 years, I still know all.the scales and chromatics.

4. duck dawg

duck dawg Senior Refuge Member

Ive been at it for a while. Picked up the guitar at 12.
    So 28 years of still playing guitar and bass. Played many gigs in the southeast. Some I have no memory of lol.

WHUP ! Hen, waterrat and callinfowl like this.
  5. warrenwaterfowler

warrenwaterfowler Senior Refuge Member

I rocked a recorder in 3rd grade. images (3).jpeg

6. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Played clarinet in grade school and then moved to Tennessee where there was no school band. Started playing football and played through HS. I concur that chicks dig football guys.

7. Shirleyshusband

Shirleyshusband Elite Refuge Member

I played guitar a bit when I was a kid. Almost good enough to be in a garage band back then.

Remember when there was a garage band on every other block?

I started up again 7 years ago. I try to play at least 30 minutes every evening. Shirley can usually recognize what I'm playing. My favorite is sometimes I play when friends come over and we'll have a bit of a sing-a-long.

My memory has always been terrible so I doubt I could ever play a "gig". I think I only have 3 songs totally memorized.
    I have lots of songs & chords on my phone and tablet (ultimate guitar app) and thoroughly enjoy it.

Right now I'm working on "On The Turning Away" and "Learning To Fly". And sometimes, with a little whiskey, and nobody around, I sound just like Pink Floyd! Honest!

Really, with You Tube out there now, if you have a musical interest it's pretty easy to get started.

newduk and thebiggrfigr like this.
  8. waterrat

waterrat Elite Refuge Member

I'd start a guitar band with you anytime lol. Pink Floyd is one of my favorites.

newduk likes this.
  9. Shirleyshusband

Shirleyshusband Elite Refuge Member

If I'm ever in OK, or you're ever in WI, I'm game.

That's something I haven't been able to find, someone to play with. Seems when I was younger I always knew someone that played.
    Now I only know two guys. One is way better than me and the other lives 5 hours away. He and I get together once a year for a long weekend of fishing and have a blast at night playing guitars.

10. waterrat

waterrat Elite Refuge Member

Most of the guys I run with play music. We get together most weekends to jam. I'm lucky to have several skilled mentors. We play everything from Willie to Seether.

Shirleyshusband likes this.