Anybody own a pitbull or ever have dealt with an aggressive pitbull?

Wareagle1011

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
two or three years ago, a guy running his trap line was seriously attacked by several feral dogs ( not pits) just south of st. Louis. I'm sure he wished he would have shot them before they are a chance to take some of his hide
My only experiences with feral dogs has always been down Tennessee when visiting family. My aunt in hickman whos now recently deceased had a whole pack of them that stayed at her house. They ran free. But stayed at the house. Mean as hell. After the tire plant shut down most of my family had to relocate from there. So we all met up down there one summer and rented a trailer over in samburg i think it was. There was a pack of wild dogs there too. One night i was hiding in the shadows while everybody was asleep either smoking a cigarette or dipping. I was still underage you see. Anyhow, this pack of dogs came right by me and they were on a mission. I had the wind in my favor. Didnt move a muscle. It scared me. Im not saying those dogs are gonna be mean. But ive seen how mean feral dogs can be. Also, as i spent my time in the shadows of samburg for that week, I observed some strange things.

markd

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Feral pack of dogs get lit like coyotes.

Lab, gsp.....running at us unaccompanied in a ND section during pheasant season gets the benefit of the doubt, at least for a minute.

Pit....running on the same property in ND is not afforded nearly as much leniency as the bird dogs would be.

Pretty simple.

Wareagle1011

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Feral pack of dogs get lit like coyotes.

Lab, gsp.....running at us unaccompanied in a ND section during pheasant season gets the benefit of the doubt, at least for a minute.

Pit....running on the same property in ND is not afforded nearly as much leniency as the bird dogs would be.

Pretty simple.
We have a feral cat problem in my neck of the woods. Thats where i get really mad cuz they hunt things i like to hunt. And they do it wellll past bag limits. Those get the first and last s.

markd

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
We have a feral cat problem in my neck of the woods. Thats where i get really mad cuz they hunt things i like to hunt. And they do it wellll past bag limits. Those get the first and last s.
If you need help, I know a guy.....

IMG_20220705_171253_01.jpg

num70

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I work in a city that has "pibbles" everywhere.
What I've come to realize is that the old debate ("bad dogs" or "bad owners") like most old debates, is complete nonsense.
They are definitely bad dogs AND they are very often owned by bad owners.

tripper

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote "The dog was a pitbull or pitbull mix, according to Wilske."
What wonderful pets they are!