Anybody own a pitbull or ever have dealt with an aggressive pitbull?

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
heroic-pitbull-runs-back-into-burning-house-to-bite-one-36001022.png
:l :l :l :l :l

reddogge

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I work in a city that has "pibbles" everywhere.
What I've come to realize is that the old debate ("bad dogs" or "bad owners") like most old debates, is complete nonsense.
They are definitely bad dogs AND they are very often owned by bad owners.
You are absolutely correct. And what a bad combination that makes. Baltimore is full of them.

waterrat

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I worked in North Tulsa for many years. Just in case you don't where "North Tulsa" is, it's the hood. I saw many dead dogs along the the hiway... without exception, they were bulls or rotties. I got a pretty good idea what the "electorate " was in that side of town... not a single lab, cooker spaniel, chihuahua, chow dog, aussie, German shepherd.... I kinda got the jist... of course, this is only anecdotal...:rolleyes:

fowlwhacker

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
interesting I was in tractor the other evening. mostly local farmers in there. I happen to catch a couple with a dark tan walking a dog looking like a heavily tattooed gangster with tats on neck and face. as i got closer I could see it was a pitbull. another couple in front of me had two young kids and I wondered what was going to happen. the couple grabbed the kids as they knew the kids were going to go up to it and pet it. the asked the couple if it was friendly. they said yes and the kids proceeded to pet it. as i got passed i heard the lady ask what the dogs name was. the guy laughed and said killer. who the F would name their dog "killer" especially a pit other than a gangster type. i got called worse naming one of my dark chocolate labs buckwheat from the little rascals.

FriedPotatoes

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

For whoever suggested the above spray (I'm not reading through 30 pages), sincere thanks to you. Wife and I were walking our golden and a POS lab attacked from nowhere. I sprayed the heck out of the dog and it immediately backed off. I'm still coughing and sneezing a bit and I didn't even get a direct blast, wish I could see the offending dog right now.

Wife's knees are all skinned up as she had our dog on the leash and he tripped her up trying to get in front to defend us. Not sure what the legalities are as far as lawsuits are concerned but I'm tired of mongrels attacking us out of nowhere.

fowlwhacker

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't be any hesitation to shoot an aggressive dog no matter what breed. Folks with agressive dogs no what they have and what they can do. Been around some aggressive dog breeds that surprisingly are friendly with people and some not. Been bit by friends dogs that were aggressive that they said don't worry he won't bite and is just showing off. You could try to talk to the owners about your concern with dog but doubt they would take it to heart. Could call animal control or local sherriff's as well and tell them to take care of the problem or you will. I am glad that most of my neighbors are like minded and wouldn't hesitate to take care of the problem even if it was an aggressive ankle biter.

FriedPotatoes

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't be any hesitation to shoot an aggressive dog no matter what breed. Folks with agressive dogs no what they have and what they can do. Been around some aggressive dog breeds that surprisingly are friendly with people and some not. Been bit by friends dogs that were aggressive that they said don't worry he won't bite and is just showing off. You could try to talk to the owners about your concern with dog but doubt they would take it to heart. Could call animal control or local sherriff's as well and tell them to take care of the problem or you will. I am glad that most of my neighbors are like minded and wouldn't hesitate to take care of the problem even if it was an aggressive ankle biter.
I usually carry pepper spray and a decent-sized knife. I don't have a CCL and local sheriff said not to carry in expectation of an attack. The knife is legal and not a switchblade. I didn't have it on me because of course that voice in my head usually tells me I'm being paranoid and don't need it. Luckily the spray was enough, but next time I'll definitely have the knife as well. It's probably a good thing I didn't have it on me because I get mad quick with that sort of deal and probably a good thing I didn't go to stabbing an incapacitated dog.

Billy Bob

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I usually carry pepper spray and a decent-sized knife. I don't have a CCL and local sheriff said not to carry in expectation of an attack. The knife is legal and not a switchblade. I didn't have it on me because of course that voice in my head usually tells me I'm being paranoid and don't need it. Luckily the spray was enough, but next time I'll definitely have the knife as well. It's probably a good thing I didn't have it on me because I get mad quick with that sort of deal and probably a good thing I didn't go to stabbing an incapacitated dog.
Cattle prod, not lethal but sends the message. Dont believe me, stand on the recieving end once.

Ruination

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

For whoever suggested the above spray (I'm not reading through 30 pages), sincere thanks to you. Wife and I were walking our golden and a POS lab attacked from nowhere. I sprayed the heck out of the dog and it immediately backed off. I'm still coughing and sneezing a bit and I didn't even get a direct blast, wish I could see the offending dog right now.

Wife's knees are all skinned up as she had our dog on the leash and he tripped her up trying to get in front to defend us. Not sure what the legalities are as far as lawsuits are concerned but I'm tired of mongrels attacking us out of nowhere.

Gotta wonder if it would dissuade a pitbull though.

carry that knife when you're walking the dog, being prepared isn't being paranoid.

Latest posts