Anyone else build dip nets?

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by Pastor, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Pastor

Pastor Senior Refuge Member

One side has a little knot hole but I don't mind. Adds character. Screenshot_20211210-132125_Gallery.jpg

2. Woodduck31

Woodduck31 Elite Refuge Member

I love the character in the wood. The net I made for Caleb has a couple of knots in it, I think it's my favorite.

Pastor likes this.
  3. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

Those are really nice. :tu

4. Woodduck31

Woodduck31 Elite Refuge Member

People are asking me about nets to hang for decoration in their homes and it kind of made me think about something Caleb could do with his artwork. I'm not a big fan of making a net that won't ever have a fish in it, but oh well. The problem is that having a rubber net like I use from Fishpond won't lay against the wall very well. Pastor, I was wandering where you were getting your earlier nets, and do you think they would lay flat against the wall?

Caleb does a lot of pencil drawing and I suggested that we combine some of his drawings with the nets for a gallery wall decor. A product he could sell to clients. These clients don't ever keep fish, and a trophy remembrance of their big fish in the form of artwork might be a way he can make a little more money with his guiding job. Here is one of his drawings, I'm either thinking of using the net itself for a frame or just adding the net to the gallery wall concept.

98195792_10216520972793534_885883433396469760_n.jpg

5. fishmunkee

fishmunkee Elite Refuge Member

Using your nets (without the webbing) as a frame for a drawing like that would be pretty sharp! Please keep sharing.