Anyone know how Virginia is doing?

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by rhpierce, Jan 2, 2020.

1. hunting1

hunting1 Elite Refuge Member

At least there is some good news for Virginians. Ran across this and I wish her success

tumblr_45012e486642be9834ab40dc97ebfb13_d9afbf94_1280.jpg

[​IMG]
    Having copy and paste problems but this was just one of the many positive things she had to say

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  2. hunting1

3. ButchA

ButchA Elite Refuge Member

22,000 (estimate) people showed up. No problems at all. No fights. No gunfire. No bloodshed. Everything was very well organized. The crowd would erupt with USA! USA! USA! and other chants like WE WON'T COMPLY! WE WON'T COMPLY! :D

I live in the west end of Richmond, over near the Regency Mall area (Parham Rd, Patterson Ave, Starling, etc..) and it's no big deal to whip onto I-64 east and ahead downtown. Well... This morning, I-64 and I-95 (Bryan Park Interchange) was a complete parking lot! I quickly veered over and took the exit for I-95, and then immediately got off again at the Lakeside exit (turns onto Hermitage), and took that down to The Diamond (Richmond's AA baseball stadium). From there they were running free shuttle buses to the State Capitol. Uh... Well... When I finally fought to the bumper-to-bumper traffic getting to The Diamond, the place was crawling with police and they were guiding you into the parking lot. But by the time I got there, the lot was about 98% full and I could see the massive line of people waiting for the shuttle bus. Seriously... Some of you know gigantic parking lots at stadiums... Straight up - the line of people went ALL THE WAY DOWN THE {EXPLETIVE} STADIUM PARKING LOT!! :eek: I saw that, realized how insane it was, waved to the cop (indicating "never mind"), and went straight, getting out of the area. I meandered my way back around, back to the interstate, and went back home. I got another cup of coffee, got back on my laptop double checking Mapquest and Google Maps and things, and then decided to give it one more try. I took the back way to downtown, and headed over towards Cary St. and took Cary all the way down until I saw police barricades, so then I turned left and hit Main St. I turned on Main St. and by the Grace of God, I was at the right place at the right time, and saw a person pull out of a curbside parking space, and I quickly snatched it up before anyone else did! I walked down Main St to 9th to the Capitol Bldg area (as seen in my photos). It was a chilly, brisk, walk... but it wasn't too far...

I wanted to carry my full size 1911 .45 ACP on my hip, but then having to walk that far - it would have started to pull my pants down! So, I opted not to carry it. All I had on me was my dad's old Schrade pocketknife, that I always carry no matter where I go.

What a great turnout... It was all over the news too! :D

4. hunting1

@ButchA Hats off to you sir for not giving up and taking so much time and effort to join what sounds like a very impressive turnout. I suppose it was inherent that there was those there that were on a short leash. I have some video of someone trying to stir up crap but level heads persisted and peer checked him down. Wish I could figure out how to load it here but by everything I've heard it was peaceful even if it turned out that way by a little bit of policing the crap starters in the crowd.

ButchA likes this.
  5. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

A bit OT but... Gotta give ya a shout out for knife choice. My go to fixed blade knife is a Schrade Uncle Henry. I use it for carving out duck/goose breasts plus it’s a great fish filet knife.

ButchA likes this.
  6. takemrarely

takemrarely Elite Refuge Member

I wanted to carry my full size 1911 .45 ACP on my hip, but then having to walk that far - it would have started to pull my pants down!

The news would then have reported an Antifa sighting......

7. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

There was a picture on the “full30” shooting “Youtube” type website of a guy lugging around a Barrett .50cal M82 semi-auto rifle.

Now that’s Gung Ho! :p

ButchA likes this.
  8. Damian Wiening

Damian Wiening Elite Refuge Member

A proper holster belt helps with carrying a heavy pistol, they are made in different way then the standard everyday wear belts sold in stores, cost more also.

Thanks for attending and standing :tu

Bear, OneShotBandit and ButchA like this.
  9. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

From the pic I saw, I'm thinking that guy didn't get that gun when he was in the military. :l

Folks (not you, but news orgs) keep calling it a "military-grade sniper rifle". I always like it when we tag something "military-grade"... Pretty much guarantees it sucks.

Let's call it what it is... One sweet-and-sexy-azz piece of weaponry. :yes

10. rhpierce

rhpierce Elite Refuge Member

I am glad that Virginians exercised their right to peacefully (peacefully) assemble and protest.

There was so much that could have gone wrong yesterday - it's a miracle, honestly, that nothing did. But, looking past this, what happens from this point? What happens with the Governor and the anti-gun legislation? "Your protest is duly noted, buuuuut...we have enough votes, and we don't care..."

Not to take this on a tangent, but this is exactly why people like Mike Bloomberg, who are perfectly allowed to spend their money as they see fit, and I understand are within their rights, cause problems when they start trying to influence elections outside their own locale/state. And that's what's insidious to me; the left screams and points their fingers at the Koch (now brother, not brothers) trying to use their money to promote conservative ideas throughout the country, but Mike and others are exempt...

ButchA and OneShotBandit like this.