Anyone tried the Fiocchi 1 9/16?

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Hawk, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Hawk

Hawk Elite Refuge Member

Has anyone tried the. 1 9/16 Fiocchi shells? Not to many places in my area have them. I see they are one of the few companies that still make a #1 shot. Also unlike the Kents which move at 1300 fps, the Fiocchi supposedly go 1470. I'd hate to buy a case and find out I don't like them but I don't have the option to buy just one box in my area.

I'm shooting an SX2 if that matters and before someone does suggest the Kents the Fiocchi shells are lower in price.

I sure would like to hear all the good or bad about Fiocchi shells if you have tried them because I used search and there is not a lot of info out there.

2. 4 BUCK

4 BUCK Senior Refuge Member

Have had great luck with them the last 4 years. Shooting both snows and canadas.

3. Seaark18

Seaark18 Elite Refuge Member

Good to know, I've also been wondering about them. 1470 is awfully fast for a 1 9/16 load! Anybody chrono them to see if that speed is accurate?

4. Mountain Duck

Mountain Duck Elite Refuge Member

I've shot 2 cases of them, and plan to order another. I have never chronied them, but have been very pleased with their performance on birds.

I shoot #1s, and use it for geese and big ducks. Great universal load for me. :tu

I'm shooting a SX2 with a Wad Wizard tube

5. grnhd

grnhd Elite Refuge Member

I thought the 1470 was to good to be true so I bought a box and run two shells over my chrony....1300 fps just like everybody else.

6. DMC

DMC Elite Refuge Member

I have probably shot about 10 cases of it. Gonna shoot a couple cases again this yr. No problems for me. I shoot a Browning Silver with a Terror .675.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. PaulinKansas

PaulinKansas Elite Refuge Member

I shot about 2 boxes of those turd brown shells out of my SBE I with a Briley extended LM choke. Half the time the wad would fall to the water with a loud "thwack". I looked at a wad and found half a dozen or so #1 pellets crammed into the base of the wad.