Anyone?

Discussion in 'Utah Flyway Forum' started by Take'EM, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Take'EM

Take'EM Senior Refuge Member

Anyone still around from just over ten years ago 2000-2003? Been out of country, got a second degree and career and am just now getting the time to do more than fly fish. I am living up in Portland and would be happy to have any of the old crew up for waterfowl, black tail or Roosevelt Elk. Hopefully meet some new guys on here. Anyone know if Birdboy, tshuntin or his kid brother vanilla still around? I Lived in Ogden joined a lot of group hunts as well as several trips with a lucky few to hunt geese in Idaho, I also guided one season at Bear River Duck Club before law school. Thanks, Jason

2. Gander311

Gander311 Elite Refuge Member

I'm not sure we ever met back in those days, but a handful of the "original" guys are still here occasionally, and so are the other 3 you asked about. But this place is definitely not what it used to be. It's really changed over the last 2 or 3 years I feel like.

3. Take'EM

Things do seem to change, I have noticed it in the fly fishing world since that's where I have been. First year hunting here in Oregon and I cannot get any info from people or internet which may be a good thing. My buddies here don't believe the stories about getting peppered several times on the duck opener or having to nearly fight a guy when he claimed to have shot a nice 4 PT at about 100 yds and he was at 500yds if not further. It's def been nice fishing so far I hope the hunt goes well, just relying on topos and google earth to find good habitat.

4. Take'EM

I do remember your forum name just not if we met but that's not saying much these days.

5. Vanilla

Vanilla Elite Refuge Member

Sup Joe Gray?

This place is a little more quiet. A lot less stories than back in the day. It used to be that you could post up pics or a story and people looked to just enjoy. Now days it seems that people look to have pizzin' contest or to criticize.

I think it would be cool to see people throw up more pics and stories of hunts. I'll look to rectify that on my end here soon.

6. Take'EM

I hope I'll have some pics soon to throw up. Ty's, u know I got back on here just to have another venue to harass you. JK Very proud of the Utes last weekend I hate being surrounded by Ducks fans.

7. Goshawk

Goshawk Senior Refuge Member

I joined in 2004. The forums were a whole different animal back then.

8. Raininfeathers

Raininfeathers Senior Refuge Member

ALot has changed for sure! Original username Noname dated back to 2001 lost it with my old email

9. Take'EM

Raininfeathers, I do remember no name. You should have emailed the forums, I had to change my old email ex wife, had not been on here for 10 years and they adjusted things and got me back in right away. Very impressed with their service.

10. Birdboy

Birdboy Elite Refuge Member

I am here, missed ya body, I hope things work out for you upthere. You and I had a lot of fun hunts and good laughs back in the day.. .. Now I am stuck with Travis:cry when are you making a trip back to the Wasatch?