AOC slammed by Concentraion Camp survivors

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by 10GAGENUT, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

LBJ made the erroneous connection to tag the KKK to the Republicans.

https://www.archives.gov/publications/prologue/2001/spring/lbj-and-white-backlash-1.html

At this moment of high tension, Barry Goldwater made a decision starkly at odds with the common perception of his campaign as racist; he offered to come to the White House to discuss the riot crisis. Johnson's initial response was one of grave suspicion. "Nothing good can come of that. . . . He wants to use this forum, he wants to encourage the backlash, that's where his future is, it's not in peace and harmony." So suspicious was the President that he suggested the FBI investigate whether Goldwater or his associates were actually behind the riots.55 " It's not our friends . . . that's going around stirring these things up, and let's leave the impression that he is, without saying so."56

However, when the two men met briefly at the White House, even Johnson was forced to concede that Goldwater gave little evidence of playing to the white backlash:

He came in, just wanted to tell me . . . that he was a half-Jew, and that he didn't want to do anything that would contribute to any riots or disorders or bring about any violence, because of his ancestry he was aware of the problems that existed in that field and he didn't want to say anything that would make them any worse . . . thought he could have used it, I thought their intent was to use the White House as some kind of launching pad.57
    In this and other discussions of his brief meeting with Goldwater, the surprise in Johnson's voice is evident, particularly when compared to the suspicion and venom in his earlier discussions of Goldwater's putative motives.58 The two men issued a joint statement to the press, foreswearing the use of the riots for political gain, helping to remove the riots from the campaign discourse.

IMOO

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019 at 11:27 AM
    10GAGENUT likes this.
  2. rhpierce

rhpierce Elite Refuge Member

As she should be.

She is two generations or so removed from the Depression and the horrors inflicted on the globe by the Nazi Party and Japanese Empire. She wants to toss out terms like "Nazi" and "concentration camp" like so many others, reducing the true horror to the level of insult equivalent to leveling charges of racism, homophobia, or misogyny. She and others throw the terms out casually in order to get leverage, relying on modern media to be complicit and show the "horrors" endured by those seeking to enter the country illegally, laying no responsibility at the feet of the immigrants, but blaming only the country into which they seek entry.

To people who have little understanding of world history, her charge is a simple equivalency that makes sense...I remember hearing about that in high school, and Trump wants to run the US like that guy did in Germany...yeah, she must be on to something. How could he be so cruel? In a soundbite world, the charge of "Nazi" is a nuclear weapon - use it and invalidate anything the other side says or does, because they are cruel and mean.

But for those who were there, and those who have studied and listened and understand, her words are uneducated and dangerous. They make the Holocaust seem like an inconvenience to the Jewish, gypsy, Polish, Russian and other ethnic groups who weren't just held while a nation tried to determine their immigration status, but were experimented upon, forced to work, starved, beaten, shot, gassed, and burned. After they lost their houses, businesses, possessions, and their lives, even the gold fillings from their teeth were taken.

By the millions. Say that to yourself again. Millions. Their own citizens and citizens of other nations they conquered were reduced to numbers and ash because they were determined to be less than human. Marked like cattle. Not for laws they had broken, not for trying to enter a country illegally...simply for existing.

The danger for our future and our humanity does not lie in Trump or in our immigration policies. The danger is in people who seek to invoke history to accomplish their own agenda without understanding and the hubris to be openly, defiantly ignorant; it is the danger of their own actions making them become the very things they invoke...silencing any dissent, punishing those who aren't "enlightened" enough, attempting to control speech and thought.

bxcall1, fishmunkee, newduk and 8 others like this.
  3. 3inch3's

3inch3's Illinois Forum Moderator Moderator

Well said..... of course don't think those from the left will agree, the history they were taught doesn't resemble this reality...

Bear likes this.
  4. stump

stump Elite Refuge Member

Not sure how you know which kids are R or D's so they can go to a different class.
    I will go ahead and say all where taught this subject, some just have different opinions after the lesson.

5. 3inch3's

3inch3's Illinois Forum Moderator Moderator

I'll disagree. It doesn't matter if they are left or right leaning when the material is presented. It depends on how the material is presented and how they accept the delivery.

6. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

I would agree with @3inch3's post especially considering that dang near every kid has the demonstrated critical ability of insects.

7. stump

stump Elite Refuge Member

So we are blaming the schools and teachers...???
    The parents take no responsibility on educating their children...??? Or at least correcting blatant false information.

8. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

How do you know when your child has been lied to? All the time?

9. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

3inch3's, OneShotBandit and 10GAGENUT like this.
  10. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Give that man the prize money, 100% agree.
    I had a fairly open minded History teacher back in High School, they guy would run a tight ship but he would also listen to his students which is highly uncommon then or now.
    Me being someone who always spoke his mind, big mouth I was, the first few days of his class here we go with starting from the Revolutionary War and learning the same crap we did for years.
    After class I went up and asked him why the dingbats on the school board had to do this every year, looks me dead in the eye and says you have a better idea lets hear it.
    I suggested why don't we study current events and politics and work our way back in history as far as we could during the year. He actually presented the idea to the school board and they used our class for a pilot program, what the school board couldn't understand was why students did so well with current events and going back in recent history.
    Don't know if that ever stuck or not but it was actually kind of fun talking about things that happened in the world this week or month and not 250 years ago.

OneShotBandit and boodog like this.