Apparently Pelosi’s Giant Nothing Burger gets carried over to the Senate today.

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bear, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

If Pelosi doesn’t delay again. This should get interesting to watch as the democrats fry in their own grease.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    double limit and OneShotBandit like this.
  2. hunting1

hunting1 Elite Refuge Member

A bunch of weed patches are going to get explored

Bear likes this.
  3. The Mad Duck

The Mad Duck Elite Refuge Member

Hopefully, if she ACTUALLY does submit the articles, the Senate will be calling some witnesses that will open a can of worms for the Dems. I'd like to see schiff,pelosi and the "alleged" whistleblower called to testify.

4. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

The Senate is going to run the trial the exact same way that they ran it for the Clinton articles of impeachment.

With the news that Russia allegedly hacked Burisma - they should call in Hunter Biden. Not sure what the hacking of a foreign privately held company has to do with an election... But call him in anyway. He could tell the Senate how one makes moves on their dead brothers wife in order to get in to her panties....

5. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

If we hear any witness which I doubt, they will be germaine to the issues at hand. Which is why they didn't impeach him on bribery or other criminal charges.

No Biden or Schiff etc and Bolton wont because Trump can claim EP, and the Denare wont push it.

However the House has to present its case and evidence and we all have heard it already. There is nothing impeachable in it and that is not my opinion it is the way the Constitution is written.

double limit likes this.
  6. pintail2222

I swear that I heard Pelosi mention she wanted witnesses with first hand knowledge of what went on during the phone call.

Hey Nancy - why didn't you subpoena anybody with first hand knowledge of what went on during the phone call when the House was running the show? You had the power to do so.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  7. stump

stump Elite Refuge Member

senate.jpg

8. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Actually they did, but all refused to honor the subpoena based on executive privilege. It then became incumbent on the House to seek musical relief. They chose not to which is where the obstruction of Congress arose!

9. pintail2222

Who during the House investigation was issued a subpoena? Who from the White House? The only subpoena I am aware of that was issued to the a member of the Trump Administration was Schiff issuing a subpoena for the phone records of Trumps personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani... Which I believe that he got...

Their is currently talk of issuing a subpoena to John Bolton by the Senate.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  10. pintail2222

Is that from 1999? Clintons Impeachment trial in the Senate lasted a whopping 3 days. January 14 to 16. And he was found guilty of lying under oath & obstruction of Justice by
    U.S. District Judge Susan Webber Wright...

In a biting, 32-page opinion, U.S. District Judge Susan Webber Wright of Arkansas said Clinton gave "false, misleading and evasive answers that were designed to obstruct the judicial process" in Jones's sexual harassment lawsuit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/stories/contempt041399.htm

double limit, OneShotBandit and Bear like this.