Are any of you Mer people? We are so screwed....

WidgeonmanGH

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
So I am reading the news this morning moving through my usual sites, contemplating geopolitics and war, when I come across this article on Drudge from AP. This is just one little snapshot of why a part of me is rooting for collapse. I know if Western civilization and the modern world were to suddenly go backwards say 150 years a lot of people would die and modern medicine would go out the window etc. It would be hard. But when I look at things like this I just have to shake my head and cheer it on.

Here are some quotes from the article (really it is an actual article)

"Mermaid Nymphia grew up as a male-presenting child of the 1990s, and gender norms dashed her dream of dressing up as her idol, Ariel. Years later, as an adult transgender woman, her dream was finally realized when her mother helped her sew her first mermaid costume.

Nymphia would later discover a diverse community of like-minded mers online, and, on the suggestion of her mother, turned her lifelong obsession into a profession. The Los Angeles-based Nymphia has since appeared at everything from children’s parties to corporate events, and in 2019 served as a trans merfolk ambassador at the California Mermaid Convention."

"PADI, SSI and NAUI, the world’s major scuba diving certification organizations, now offer mermaid courses."

"As mermaiding went mainstream, ...."

"“I’m a 300-pound Black mermaid in America over 35, and hopefully that tells somebody they can do whatever they want to do,” says Monique, whose group sells shirts that read ‘Fat mermaids make waves’ and ‘Gender is fluid under the sea.’ “Sure, on the one hand it is really silly, but I’ve watched it change people’s lives.”"

Is it any wonder why Russia, China and others are trying to limit the importation of Western culture?

Can a culture that even includes such deranged ideas (and the article is filled with them) even survive?

hunting1

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Saw a mermaid parade on TV the other day. Didn't see much difference from a pride month parade. Same delusional mentality just with a different twist. Add that to people who think they're a cat or some kind of animal. Need to get a lion or wolf group started, get them all together and let the games begin.

WidgeonmanGH

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

BigSkyDuk

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
We don’t need to have a collapse of civilization over this tiny number of ******* crazy people… we just need to put them back in the circus sideshows where they belong.

Remember your statistics class: 68% of people are basically the same and 95% are generally similar. As a whole they are what used to be called “normal” before the wokies and shrinks declared that there’s no such thing as normal and even if there were it would be white supremacist so we wouldn’t want to encourage it. Bring back normal and put the 2.5% of deviants on the wrong side of the bell curve back in their box and the world will be right again.

WuChang

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The World Mermaid Championship was held in China 2019

cootmeurer

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Others have said it better but I’m of the mind “you do you”. If you want to pretend you’re a gender fluid chartreuse rhinoceros- have at it.

But I am not going to play along with your delusions. I won’t address you by your pronouns and any of that fluff.

Latest posts