Are any of you Mer people? We are so screwed....

hunting1

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
So if every man and woman of eligible age has the right to vote it kind of makes you want to push that issue to force these people to assert their real gender. Not either a man or a woman? No problem. You can't vote. Don't even believe that you are a human? No problem there either. Last time I checked animals don't get to vote

Last edited:

WidgeonmanGH

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Remember your statistics class: 68% of people are basically the same and 95% are generally similar. As a whole they are what used to be called “normal” before the wokies and shrinks declared that there’s no such thing as normal and even if there were it would be white supremacist so we wouldn’t want to encourage it. Bring back normal and put the 2.5% of deviants on the wrong side of the bell curve back in their box and the world will be right again.
In light of todays "enlightened" culture how do you propose that happens. Have you seen the sex ed curriculums that are being approved out there and what is being foisted on kids shaping the way the next generation thinks about these things. What significant elements of our culture are standing AGAINST this kind of stuff? Not Corporate america, not politicians (no matter the stripe), half of the "churches", It s not about the small number of people in it, it is the mental gymnastics that our culture has bought into that not only tolerates it but celebrates it.

Sometimes the car it totaled. It could be rebuilt, but who is going to do it?

hunting1

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Not Corporate america, not politicians
And don't forget the media that glorifies these people and tries to convince the entire population that it is acceptable and somehow neat, Empowering, fun, or whatever or other adjectives they want to use. Somehow our populace has got hooked on this latest newest thing to idolize do and the media knows it and exploits it. Think how little traction these groups would get if the reporting was done by the majority of the members of this board. Pipe dream of course

BigSkyDuk

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I think we’re already seeing pushback from the general population, and I think more is coming. The weirder these people get, the fewer of the there are. We aren’t going to turn the ship on a dime, but I believe that you can’t tell 70% of the country they are backwards racist homophobes who need to memorize 57 pronouns and pretend that men are women forever. As soon as enough people start calling BS, the more reluctant voices will join in and then we will see what happens. Most people don’t like to rock the boat, have family and friendly relationships to maintain, jobs to keep—its easier sometimes to keep your head down and try your best to ignore it. But once enough people begin calling a spade a spade that “silent majority” will have the air cover it needs to make its opinions known. And the mer people probably aren’t going to like it.

Brottboss

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I blame this whole mess on whoever decided it was a good idea to allow women to vote. That was the slippery slope that led us here.

*kind of a joke but also not totally untrue either
Years ago my parents got back from the voting booth. I asked mom who she voted for, and she stated "I voted for Jessie Jackson".
Immediately from the other room I heard my dad say, " well you're never voting again".
Mom said, "now how are you gonna do that?"
Dad says, "I ain't driving you there ever again!"
Mom couldn't drive, thus she never voted again. True story, makes me laugh to this day.
Damn women.

API

PAF-CA Flyway
Reaction score
Truth of the times: When weird can't stand on it's own merit, social media will prop 'em up. Think about it... before the phenomena of social media, the weirdos pretty much stayed in their own bag out of sight. I'd say it's okay to know about weirdness and even see the folly of over the top weirdness; but does it justify weirdness as a basis for defining standards for how the unweird folks proceed with their own lives? That's migrating from merely weird to crazy weird.

BigSkyDuk

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I blame this whole mess on whoever decided it was a good idea to allow women to vote. That was the slippery slope that led us here.

That and direct election of Senators.

HNTFSH

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

They'll be pissed if we don't cut off the dead voters first. :l