Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Are newly manufactured Henry rifles good rifles?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Bear, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Quarne

Quarne Elite Refuge Member

Well, the 22 mag golden boy that I bought prolly 8 years ago or so was top notch. Hardly ever shot it but it's comforting to think of it standing proudly in my Browning gun safe. :)

2. Sam Ortmann

Sam Ortmann Senior Refuge Member

My buddy’s grandparents got him one of the commemorative .22’s for his graduation a few years back. It’s probably the heaviest lever gun I’ve ever held, easily heavier than my old marlin 30-30. But it’s built like a brick chit house, has an action smooth as butter, is an absolute tack driver, and is pretty gun to look at too.
    But yeah, they’re kinda expensive.

stevena198301 and tcc like this.
  3. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I guess I haven’t check them out lately as I thought the .22 were inexpensive? Is the “big dollars” just on the “big” guns?

4. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

good lord that’s gotten quite a bit steeper from even a few years ago I think?? When rifles became deer legal here I looked at several before buying and while Henry were higher end I don’t remember them being a grand. Wow. I bought a marlin 45-70 guide gun with the long barrel and I think it ran me a couple ticks over $700 brand new. Been through a few deer seasons now and I’m real happy with it.

5. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Its not that guns are so expensive its our dollar is so worthless. It will get worse so spend it while you got it.

6. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

Never had it but never stopped me from spending it. The american way. A true patriot supports his economy.

7. reddogge

reddogge Senior Refuge Member

I just remember the early ones had plastic parts which was a turn off for me but from what others are saying they corrected that. Does anyone know if they contain cast parts?